𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Carl was getting closer and closer to Randall and when I tried to pull him back he just ignored me, swatting my hand away and continued to approach him slowly. I leaned against the wall with crossed arms and tried to watch anything but, but it was a small shed not a tv.

"Just help me pick these locks or find the key, okay? Come on, please? Please?" Randall was desperate, pulling against his chains which was sure to make prints on his wrists. I blinked hard, watching as the door to the shed opened and the person who stepped inside grab ahold of Carl with annoyance and anger.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Shane hissed at the young boy just before looking over at me with widened eyes. He stood 'protectively' in front of the both of us, glaring at the man in chains. "What did you say to them?"

"Nothing." Randall choked out, shaking his head but it didn't make Shane feel any better the man rushed toward the prisoner and wrapped a hand around his throat.

"What did you say?!"

"Nothing!"

"Hey, hey!" Andrea was right behind him, her gun in her hands as well but it appeared she didn't agree with what Shane was doing.

"Let me tell you something I will shoot you where you sit. Huh? Open your mouth. Open your mouth! You like talking, man? You like talking?" Shane continued on, pressing the gun against Randall's lips as the blonde woman behind him tried to call out his name to get him to stop. "Get your asses out this door. Let's go." Shane turned back toward us, grabbing us both— roughly— by our arms to the point of bruising as he dragged us out of the shed.

"Please don't tell my parents." Carl whined, snatching himself from Shanes grip and stumbling forward.

"Carl, Kendall, that ain't cool, man. You could've gotten hurt in there." Shane told us both but I just scoffed.

"How?" I ask, watching as he furrowed his brows and tilted his head at me. "I mean, what was he gonna do? Wrap his chains around our throats and choke us? I mean, the boy could barely stand after you guys beat the shit out of him, what was he gonna do? How was he gonna hurt us? How would we get hurt with him in there chained to a damn wall? We can handle ourselves."

"Let me tell you something—" Shane leaned over Carl and I, pointing in our faces with that stupid dirty finger. "You do not go near him again. Do you hear me?"

"Or what?" I snapped.

"Damn it." He muttered, walking away from the both of us.

"You won't tell my parents, will you?" Carl asks, looking up at him hopeful.

"Carl man, this— this ain't about getting in trouble, okay?" Shane brought his loud voice down to a whisper. "A guy like that, he will say anything to you. He'll try to make you feel sorry for him. He'll try to make you let your guard down. You let your guard down out here, people die. Now just— Do me a favor, man— go find your ma. Go on." He shoo'd the boy away and he did as he was told before he got called by Shane again. "Carl, quit trying to get yourself killed, man."

"I heard what you said." I crossed my arms, leaning on my side. "I heard what you said to Andrea, outside the shed."

"What... What are you talking about?"