6

~Spotify Song Choice for Chapter 5: People - Libianca

~Spotify Song Choice for Chapter 5: People - Libianca. (Playlist can be found by typing the book title into Spotify or by using the attached link to this chapter.)~

"What is this nonsense I hear about you going back home?" The governess asks slamming the door to my bedroom open which only infuriates me more.

"How could you do that to him?" My voice cracks as I have been crying and screaming at everyone after I heard of what happened to Raphael.

The governess just scoffs, "Is that why you are throwing such a ridiculous tantrum right now? You spoiled brat!"

"Tan..Tantrum?! Are you fucking serious right now?" I scream at her to much of her surprise and mine. I automatically freeze after I realize what I have done. In all my years, I have never cussed at her.

"You are turning into someone I don't even know and I am highly disappointed." The governess says shaking her head. Any remorse I had for cussing at her flew away after her next words. However, my anger has lowered.

"It isn't fair. I never asked for ANY of this. you say I am turning into someone...that's a dream for me. For I have no identity. My very being is to be the commander's betrothed. My only purpose is to be the Crown Prince's wife. The very breath in my body doesn't even belong to me" I can't stop the tears from escaping and I wipe them away as fast as I can. I hate being any more vulnerable than I am already.

The governess laughs at my words and I'm crushed even more.

"Fair? reality check! The world was never fair. Especially to us women in this day and age. You cry about your woes when you have been born with a silver spoon in your mouth." The governess yells back at me and I instantly want to rebuttal but she stops me.

"Do you know how many young girls I have trained for marriage before you? hmm. Do you?!" The Governess walks towards me yelling and I instinctively step back for fear of a blow that never comes.

"23 girls. Only 17 made it to marriage. The rest were exiled, killed, or sold" The governess says coming to a hushed whisper. Almost like she is speaking forbidden text. I'm frozen in my place, racking my head over this new information.