May 27th, 1988 (Part 1/2)

Log 1

I woke up the next morning to see Douglas was talking to the Spiteful Brake, the brakevan was apologizing to Douglas for all the trouble he had given him all those years ago when he and Donald first arrived and Douglas surprisingly forgave him and apologized for squashing him and the brakevan forgave him too. Oliver then spoke up saying that we should head down the mainlane to search for any of their friends and head up to Crovan's Gate.

Log 2

We were beginning to pack up and steam up the engines when we heard Frank (Oliver's Fireman)'s Radio making static. Frank answered it and it was a call Rheneas's Driver (Arnold). Arnold said that a lot had happened on the SKR for the past 2 days.

Arnold was at the SKR sheds and was steaming up Rheneas who was going to take a goods train to the wharf. Rheneas was talking to Peter Sam and Duke who were also at the sheds. While they were talking Sir Handel had arrived after pulling a passenger train. Sir Handel had a worried expression of his face, Peter Sam asked him what was wrong and Sir handel said that had been worried about the power station and based on what he had been told by Diesel and Wilbert made him feel uneasy, but before any of the engines could reply the explosion and the sirens went off. The engines then went into a panic. Sir Handel was still coupled to his coaches so he raced out of the shed and over the platform to collect all the passengers. Rheneas looked back and saw some red coaches behind him, so he backed up to them and coupled them up and raced to station to finish collecting the rest of the passengers, Duke wasn't steamed up but Peter was and acting quickly he coupled up to Duke and pulled him along and the four engines hurried away from crovan's gate as fast as they could. They didn't stop until they reached the slate quarry and stayed there for a while. Later the night Peter Sam said he wanted to head out and look for his other friends, Rheneas offered to go with him so Peter Sam coupled up and they both headed out. They traveled down the line till they arrived at Rheneas Station, and when they arrived they found Skarloey and Duncan in the sheds, Rheneas asked them what happened to them, they weren't able to get much from Duncan but all he said before freezing up was that he was at lakeside and I think he mentioned something about Bertram. Skarloey said he was at Skarloey Yard when everything happened. He was shunting a goods train together to take up to Crovan's Gate, but as he was getting more trucks he heard the explosion and Sirens and raced away as fast as he could as he was running he saw Rusty sitting in a side but shortly after he passed him heard Rusty screaming and said he hadn't seen him since, he eventually made it to Rheneas station and stopped inside the shed, after he finished getting his breath back Duncan arrived a few minutes later and stopped in shed next to him and they stayed there till Rheneas and Peter Sam arrived. They had taken Skarloey and Duncan back to the quarry where Duncan finally spoke. He said he was at Lakeside waiting for Bertram to bring a goods train for him to take to Skarloey yard. Bertram soon arrived with Duncan's train but he had a puzzled expression on his face. Duncan asked him if he was okay but before Bertram could answer the explosion went off followed by the sirens. Bertram panicked and raced backward but didn't see points behind him were against him, Duncan shouted for him to stop but it was too late and Betram derailed Duncan's train and himself. Duncan was about to go and try and help him but then he saw people on the platform begin to move towards him and when he looked closer he saw they were infected. Bertram yelled for Duncan to help him but Duncan was too scared by the infected people coming towards him and raced away from lakeside leaving Bertram behind and he hadn't seen Bertram since.

Log 3

I asked Arnold if they were going to search around for more engines on the railway but before he could answer I heard a scream in the background and then suddenly the radio cut to static, I also thought I heard a whistle in the background before it happened. I hope they're alright. A few minutes after the radio cut we heard a whistle and we saw Harvey with a few trucks and coaches. He puffed past the station and down the mainline, he's probably heading towards the vicarstown bridge, hopefully he'll get there safely.

Log 4

After Harvey went past we got the engines ready to move out, however this time we decided to go in two separate consist. The first consist would be Duck with the flatbed and trucks, followed by Diesel, Wilbert, Oliver, Percy and Rosie with some of the trucks, coaches and brakevans behind them. The other consist would be Douglas, Gordon, Thomas, the SCC twins, Toby, Mavis, and Daisy with the remaining trucks, coaches and brakevans, hopefully we can get to Crovan's Gate safely.

Log 5

While we were heading up to Gordon's hill we saw some coaches that were derailed at the bottom of the hill. Those coaches must have been the crash we heard two days ago when we were about to head down the branchline. We knew there was nothing we could do for the people and the guard who may have been in the coaches so we decided to leave them and keep going. We went past Maron station but there was nothing and nobody there.