Chapter 21: Safe? For now.

"SAFE!? SAAN ANG SAFE KUNG KAYO AY NATUNTON NG MGA GUSTONG MAWALA ANG LOLA!?" sigaw ni Ivan sa kina Damien. Tahimik na nakatingin si Riley na para bang nanonood lang ng telelserye. Damien looked at the oldest Mendoza with a glare but was ignored. "YOU ARE TO GO BACK HOME AND THE WHOLE MANSION SHALL BE IN LOCK DOWN. PAGKATAPOS KONG MAAYOS ANG LAHAT NG PAPELES AY AALIS NA TAYO NG BANSA. WALA NA AKONG PAKIALAM KUNG ANONG MANGYARI SA GANG."

"NO." malakas na sabi ni Damien. Nakatayo ito and there was this black aura that surrounds him. No one dared to step infront the two raging storm that both leaders had created.

"How dare you answer me, Earth Prince!?" Ivan asked in his rage as he stalked towards Damien. "I am still the first Zues of the Gang. I am far too strong for you to take. How dare you!?"

"I dare because you would lock us up again like any other times that you felt we were in danger. We are always on the run from any danger as you deemed it worthy. I hate your way of thinking. We were trained by assassins, master of martial arts, and gangsters yet you treat us as if we were children who doesn't see the danger we are to face of having this life."

"Everything I did is for the safety of everyone!"

"We are being suffocated. Sawang sawa na kami sa ganoong paraan. Maybe it was also the reason why we can't solve our problem. Hanggang ngayon pinipilit namin ni Riley taguan ang lahat ng problema namin. Ni hindi nga naming napag uusapan pa ang nangyari dalawang taon na ang nakakaraan. Sa tingin mo ba maganda para sa amin yoon? Hindi diba so let me solve this fucking problem. Let us stay in here."

"You are not safe in here."

"This fucking mansion is full of assassins inside and out allied with the Villareal family!" Damien exclaimed that made everyone even the assassins be shocked. How could he know when they do not let their presence be known? Nagpakita lang sila once and the occupants might think that they went away after the bloody fight a week ago.

"Paano mo nalaman iyon, Damien?" gulat na tanong ni Manang.

"I am not an idiot. In the past two years that came by, hindi lang ang gang ko ang kasama ko araw araw. I have my solo flights which I spend in the company of Lolo Raphael and Gabriel. They are both cautious individual who doesn't want to stain their family's name. I learned from them of how to scan my surroundings without them knowng. Sabi nila I have the potential so they train me as long as I stay loyal to them. I told them that I would never betray them as long as they never betray me."

"Wait, Damien, what are you talking about letting you handle this problem." Tanong ni Kuya Nick

"You're going to confront them are you?" tanong ni Riley na may mahinang boses.

"I might know who they are but it's not yet confirmed." Sagot ni Damien with a dark look

"I'll be coming with you." Biglang sabi ni Riley with so much determination.

"No, this is my fight." Damien's stubborn reply came.

"I am your fiancee." Riley said that made Charles heart throb in hurt.

"You do not use that card on me. I will always look after you. And this is dangerous, you will not come."

"You both are not to come. We would be handling it. And if those assassins are really here. Wherever you are, I would like you to not let this two stubborn children to get out of this house." Sabat ni Dan with so much calmness na hindi nila mapigilan kungdi ang tumango. Truly he lives up to his Poseidon title. The calm God of Sea.

Damien frowned at the person who stood as his father, brother and friend. This is his fight and no one could stop him from confronting them. No matter who they are. Call him selfish. An idiot. But he needs to stop that person before it's too late.

Hindi siya sumagot. Hindi niya tiningnan ang kahit na sino.

—-

Nanatiling tahimik si Damien with a frown on his face.

And from that, Riley knew. She knew that he would do anything to confront whoever it was that started it. And he'll be damn to think that she would stay put.

There was a subtle nod between Charles and Damien. Alam na ni Charles ang gagawin. The promise they made has to be fulfilled no matter what happens.

Ashley and Iza felt as if something would go wrong. Kahit na hindi nila kilala ng maigi si Damien at Riley whom both have so many secrets. Alam nilang matigas ang ulo ng dalawa at hindi ito magpapatalo sa kahit na anong desisyon na gawin ng kanilang mga kapatid.

Ralph doesn't know what to do. It's as if the past is about to happen again and once again he can't do anything about it.

But this time he'll make sure that he'll make a change. He would not cower in fear like the other times.

He needs to do it on his own, not just because he could clearly see the plan shining through the eyes of Damien and Riley but because he would not let anything happen to them.

—- Ralph's POV

After kumain ng hapunan ay nagsibalikan na ang lahat sa kani-kanilang gawain. Sila Kuya Ivan ay nagstay naman para siguruhing hindi aalis sila Riley at Damien. I walked towards where they were staying.

I saw them talking to each other in hush voices.

"You need to stop them." Bigla kong sabi ni hindi ko nga namamalayang nasabi ko na pala ito. They all look at me shock covering their whole features.

"Who?" tanong ni Kuya Nick.                                      

"Kilala nyo kung sino ang sinasabi ko. And we all know for a fact that those two are too stubborn to listen to anyone once their mind was set."

"They're not that reckless, Ralph."

"Yah say that to Damien's car starting now." Sabi ko as I saw from the window how Damien started his car. As soon as I saw that I know Riley would be next. Nakita kong pinipigilan siya ni Charles but Charles was no match to Riley who had years of training.

Agad itong sumakay sa motorsiklo nito at sinundan si Damien. None of the so-called assassins came and stop them. Maybe because Damien was the only person that they listened to.

"What the fuck is happening!?" inis na tanong ni Kuya Ivan as he stood up as well as the others.

"I had warned you cousin. They are far too stubborn to back down." I told them, disappointed that they truly do not see our potentials. But for now I need to find my cousin and friend. Both are in danger.