two

Taking a deep breath and adjusting her new kit, Marlowe Jones walked back into the meeting room she had spent so many years in.

Usually she would've been at the back of the room, doodling in her book instead of copying down tactics, but that was then. Now, she was meeting her new team.

New might be a stretch, but the nerves were there all the same.

"MJ!" Immediately there came a shout from across the room and a certain tattooed blonde all but threw herself at the new arrival.

"Maps i missed you too" she laughed slightly as Mapi released herself and positioned herself at MJ's side while everyone came swarming to greet their friend.

Well, everyone but one person.

Flashback

"I just want to thank all the players and staff for everything they've done over my career here, I will never be able to pay you back for the experiences you've given me. I'm excited to learn more in a new environment and hope you'll welcome me back." MJ wiped a tear at her eye as the room applauded. This was it.

She left the common area and entered the meeting room to take a moment to breathe.

However, that moment was short lived as the door slammed open and shut behind her, and a very angry looking Alexia Putellas now stood in front of her.

"Ale-"

"No. No, you betrayed this team. How could you even think of leaving. We've just won a fucking champions league and now you abandon us. You are a snake and I hope it hurts when you realise what you lost. You are worthless and deserve all the shame that your new teammates will feel when they realise who you are."

The room seemed to twist and turn around MJ and her lungs wouldn't cooperate.

"I'm sorry-"

"Yeah me too. Sorry I met you" Alexia spat as she turned on her heels and slammed the door just as she had as she entered.

Present

"M?" Mapi nudged her friend who appeared to be in a daze, staring off into the distance.

But she wasn't.

She was staring into the eyes of the person who made this room feel so small, so confining.

Alexia Putellas.

The room continued to swirl and her body burned. An all too familiar feeling of panic overcame her.

"Excuse me I just need to um-" And with that MJ had almost bolted from the room to the murmured "okays" from her teammates.

Finding herself outside, she located a solid surface and slid down the wall to the cool floor.

Her mind buzzing and finding herself unable to get air into her lungs, she put her head into her hands.

///
A/N welcome to my new book! I have most of it written so will be releasing as regular as you like 🤙