✸Time To Think✸《Sebastian x Sam》

Start from the beginning

Seb glances at me with widened eyes, slightly shuffling his feet backward awkwardly. There's a moment of silence - the atmosphere was very tense. I begged for him just to say something, I was practically praying to the heavens above.

"Sam... I," Sebastian finally speaks up, but pauses for a second, "I'm sorry Sam. I don't 'like' you in that way."

I felt my heart shatter - almost crumbling to the floor.

"Oh." That was the only word that came out at the minute. "Well uh- just... pretend I didn't say anything!" 

"..." Seb pauses, looking away, "Yeah... aha," He coughs, "I mean - we can still be friends."

My heart was practically killing itself at this moment in time. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out.

"Yeah, sure." I reply.

And with that, Sebastian says goodbye and leaves for his house - I walked back to my house in shame. As I was making my way to my room, my mother stops me,

"Hey, sweetie!" She greets me, "What's wrong? You don't look like your usual self."

"I'm fine." I reply, not wanting to talk any longer - and with that, I shut my door and flopped onto my bed in defeat.

《Sebastian's Pov》

After Sam's confession, I felt... weird. Making my way back to my house felt like walking through hell. I went by the pond and sat down on the grass, under a tree. Thoughts raced through my mind. 'I'm not gay.' 'Maybe I am gay?' 'No, I don't like him like that, we are just friends.' 'Were we even friends anymore?'

All these thoughts were clouding my mind - I had nobody to talk to about this... maybe it was better that way. I mean, I couldn't be gay for Sam... Me and Abi had a thing going on at one point, sure it never went anywhere... but still.

"Hey, kiddo!" A voice startles me as I look up and see Linus. "You doing alright there?"

I pause, not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment. After a while of just sitting there, ignoring him like an asshole, I decided to speak up,

"How do you do it?"

Linus looks at me, questioningly, "What do you mean?"

"How, even though your life aint... that great, how do you keep going like everything is alright? Why are you so friendly to people even if they are being assholes?" I spit out.

"Oh..." He pauses, "Why... what's happened?"

"Nothing, it aint important." I shoo him off, "Just, forget it."

Linus stands there. I was waiting for him to leave but he didn't. I looked back up at him and saw he was in serious thought,

"You know, kid. You only live once - so you gotta make the most of it. Sure, life may be shitty sometimes but you're the only person in YOUR life who can make it... 'less' shitty. I think the best thing is to stop overthinking everything in life and do what makes you happy - and who knows, maybe if you can be happy, you can make others happy in the process."

I was kinda shocked to hear that. Hell, I was shocked to hear Linus swear honestly. But, something in me knew he was right.

And with that, I went home to rethink everything that had just happened.

                                                                   【A Few Days Later】

《Sam's Pov》

I had been locked in my room since the day of my confession. I knew my mother was getting worried - even Vincent was constantly asking me what was wrong. I felt... pathetic? It wasn't Seb's fault he didn't have feelings for me.