𝒕𝒆𝒏, jj's plan

Start from the beginning

At the memory of their kiss, he smirks and drops his chin to his chest, pressing his tongue against his cheek in an attempt to hold in an inappropriate joke. He taps his fingers against the cabinet, as he raises his head again to meet her gaze, "I'm apologising for the gun thing, but never in my life will I apologise for kissing you when I know you liked it just as much as me. You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that."

She rolls her eyes with a chuckle, as she sits up, "I have some idea, as seen as you mention it every time we're alone."

"So, urm," He purses his lip, "Were you being serious about the whole hookup thing? 'Cause if not that's fine, but imma need to know before—"

There it was. The constant questions about him and her hooking up. She should've expected it, honestly. Because just like Kiara warned her, JJ Maybank is not a ladies man.

"Oh my god," She mutters, standing up and making her way towards the porch, noticing the rest of the group huddled in the small hut outside, "Fucking boys."

He dashes after her, springing to her side as they travel along the grass towards their friends, "I'll take you out on a date. That okay? We can, uh, go to the Wreck, or just have a beach day. I don't know. Ava, please—"

"You're begging? You're actually begging?" She looks over at him, stopping in her tracks to speak with him before their friends are able to hear, "JJ, you're my brothers best friend, and also the number one playboy in the whole of Kildare. You're one of my best friends, so I can see right through you. I'm also a girl, J. It's easy for us to know what a boy really wants," She pats his shoulder before turning away and continuing towards their friends.

He stands still for a few moments, his head turned and eyes glued to her figure as she smiles at Pope and Kiara before sliding down into a seat, ignoring her brother's existence. JJ drops his head, squeezing his eyes shut as he curses at himself quietly before taking a deep breath and going to join the conversation.

"Look, I'm calling it off. Alright?" John B announces, standing up in front of his three friends as JJ trudges over behind him, "Peterkin said, if we stay out of the marsh, she'll help me and Ava with the DCS."

JJ's face screws up at the information, as he picks up a handful of rocks before throwing them towards a target nailed to a tree, "And you believed her?"

"Yes, I believed her, JJ," John B snaps.

"An actual cop, John B," The blonde scoffs, shaking his head, "You believed a cop."

Ava straightens up slightly in her seat, before she speaks, "I believe her too, JJ. It's Peterkin. She's been nothing but good to us, all of us."

Not bothering to even look at her, JJ grinds his jaw, dropping his tone as he mutters quietly, "Still a cop."

"All we gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help us out. It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting the gun," John B's voice begins to rise as he motions towards his best friend.

"You know what I should have done, man?" JJ cocks his head, "I should've just let Topper drown your ass."

John B rolls his head, chuckling, "Yeah, because Topper was gonna drown me."