But these three, almost four, years had come and gone and Tom was sharper than he had ever been. Before Hadrian was born, he knew his path had turned desperate almost. He had no idea if he should stay a Dark Lord or if he should disappear. He had not shared these doubts to Tadeus. He had far too big of an ego to admit such a thing.

"My Lord." said Tadeus, his tone gentle and the man looked up as they had stopped in front of large silver doors. Tadeus gave him a reassuring smile and stepped forward, pulling open the large doors. Laughter and low murmurs of conversation were heard all throughout the luxurious sitting room of Riddle manor. Tom's eyes gazed out at the wizards and witches there and he felt something tugging at his usually cold heart. 

Tom remembered plenty of Death Eaters who attempted to stay in his inner circle and served him well, some having died or become traitors. But the ones before him never strayed, not once.

Of course there was Tadeus Nott, one of his first friends and followers. The handsome elder wizard taking a seat beside Sirius Black. His hazel eyes were filled with mischief as he nudged the dog star, whispering something that made the man toss his head back in laughter. Then there was Lucius Malfoy. The spitting image of his father Abraxas, he immediately became an inner circle member after his father died. Tom promising to himself to never lose another Malfoy.

At first he had only wanted to protect the handsome blonde, who at the moment was leaning back in a high backed chair, Narcissa seated in his lap, smiling as he listened to her gush over the children. But soon he had come to adore the blonde as much as his father. Unlike Draco, Lucius' personality was far more reserved and his mind sharp. His smiles were rare but he adored his family and friends. He was also very protective when he wanted to be. Tom liked teasing him because unlike Abraxas, Lucius never indulged him.

Then of course came Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, the youngest of his followers along with Bellatrix and Barty Crouch Jr.

Sirius was an enigma if Tom ever saw one. He had never seemed like a Dark wizard, he was too warm and welcoming for someone who had grew up in the Black Family. Tom had not trusted him in the beginning however, after killing James Potter, Tom wanted to get to know the man. Sirius had admitted that he was no different from his family at times. That his warm front, was an act to make others underestimate him. Yes he was genuine with his feelings toward his family and friends, but underneath that he admitted he had wanted to lose himself.

There were times where he would let his magic run wild just like Bellatrix, where he would torture and kill and enjoy more than anyone would have guessed. Behind those warm eyes was a storm. More often than not it was Sirius who planned the disappearances of certain wizards in their way. He was for more cunning than most knew and Tom loved that about the man.

Remus Lupin was a werewolf. To most his side would be obvious, however as a child he had wanted nothing more than to fit in and Tom knew that pain all too well. He did not blame Remus for trying desperately to be light. But Tom had felt his hesitance before. He knew the wolf had been questioning the light for a long time, which is why Tom had never gone to Remus. He knew the boy would seek him out. And he did. His decision was made more firmly when he saw that Sirius was loyal to the Dark Lord as well.

Remus was smart and good in most fields. If Tom needed insight on certain things Remus and Lucius both were at his side. And he admired the fact that Remus took the steps to accept his wolf and become the Alpha of a largely respected pack.

Next, was Bellatrix and her husband Rodolphus. Bellatrix had always been dark. She never swayed, however her mind was an odd place. She was insane, Tom knew this very well, but it was almost like her intuition was sharper because of it. She was almost never wrong about a traitor or a trap. She was completely obsessed with Tom and he honestly did not mind this. She was his follower until the day she died. All of his followers were obsessed with him, it was natural given the nature of Dark magic, however she was unrelenting and unwavering. Their bond was something she prioritized over all.