063. jus in bello

Start from the beginning

"Well, there doesn't seem to be enough waiting around space, now, does there?" Henriksen asks.

"We're not the ones you should be scared of, Nancy." Dean tells the woman who is sitting at her desk.

The police lead the Winchesters back and put Sam and Dean in one cell, Natalie in another, putting Libby and Ophelia in a third one.

After the cops leave, Libby goes to the door of her and Ophelia's cell, holding onto the bars, reaching out to Sam.

"Daddy." Libby cries, just wanting to be held by her father.

"Hey, hey, sweetie, it's okay. You're with Ophi, it's okay. We'll get out of this, I promise. And you can see me, okay? It's alright." Sam comforts. Libby whines.

Dean tries to move to the other side of the room which almost makes Sam fall which almost makes Dean fall.

"Dean, come on!" Sam groans.

"All right, all right." Dean says. "Sit?"

"Yeah." Sam agrees.

They awkwardly walk around each other and eventually are able to sit on the bed, Sam closer to the wall and Dean closer to the door.

"You know, you could've just sat down how you were." Natalie comments.

"Shut up." Dean rolls his eyes. "How we gonna Houdini out of this one?" Dean asks his brother.

"Good question." Sam mumbles.

"Well... this is fun. I love being trapped." Natalie remarks, a sarcastic smile on her face.

~ ~ ~

Henriksen comes in and Sam glares at him before looking away, sitting with his back against the wall while Dean is still sitting up.

"You know what I'm trying to decide?" Henriksen asks.

"I don't know. What? Whether Cialis will help you with your little condition?" Dean asks.

"What to have for dinner tonight. Steak or lobster. What the hell? Surf and turf. I got a lot to celebrate. I mean, after all, seeing you two in chains..." Henriksen says.

"You kinky son of a bitch. We don't swing that way." Dean says.

"What does that mean?" Libby whispers to her cousin.

"I don't know what kinky means, but I might be able to explain the swinging later." Ophelia says.

"Now, that's funny." Henriksen says.

"You know, I wouldn't bust out the melted butter just yet. Couldn't catch us at the bank, couldn't keep us in that jail." Dean says.

"You're right. Screwed up. I underestimated you. I didn't count on you being that smart but now I'm ready." Henriksen says.

"Yeah, ready to lose us again?" Dean asks.

"Ready like a court order to keep you in a super maximum prison in Nevada till trial. Ready like isolation in a soundproof, windowless cell, so that between you and me... probably unconstitutional. How's that for ready?" He asks and Dean doesn't say anything. "Take a good look at Sam, Natalie, and those girls. You all will never see each other again. And you won't ever see those kids."

"Aw. Where's the smug smile, Dean? I want to see it."

"You got the wrong guys." Dean says.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. You fight monsters. Sorry, Dean. Truth is, your daddy brainwashed you with all that devil talk and no doubt touched you in a bad place. That's all. That's reality." Henriksen says.