V. FOUR X OF X SPADES

Start from the beginning

His grip tightened once again, "If you're still not feeling well I'll carry you into the second phase." Killua looked away, a rare instance of his kindness and deep care for the girl showing as the tips of his ears tinged pink.

The girl shifted, trying to get comfortable on the boy. She wasn't going to waste the rare opportunity of Killua's kindness towards her and she was still reeling from the shock of her fever and knew she shouldn't push herself.

She relaxed as a slightly sweet smell, the smell of chocolate, filled her nostrils. She relaxed her head against Killua's back as she absorbed the scent, already familiar with the smell and it's owner. She allowed to body to become limp as she relaxed in his arms, carefully to keep a socially acceptable distance from his face, even if there was a small, embarrassing part of her that desperately wanted snuggle into his shoulder.

She couldn't shake the anxiety of her dream. That card... she frowned as she remembered it's clear magenta pattern darkening as the card stained with blood.

"What card?" Killua questioned startling the girl, she wasn't aware she had voiced her thoughts aloud. Her grip on his shoulders tightened as her face seared in embarrassment, she was shocked she could make such an amateur mistake.

She used this opportunity to learn more information about her eerie prognosis, "A pink poker card... have you seen one recently?" She asked quietly as the boy hummed before frowning.

"If you're talking about playing cards, that freak #44...Hisoka I think his name is, he uses them. He killed someone before the first phase...almost killed the examiner too." Killua furrowed his brows as he remembered the psychotic clown.

"Killed?" The girl murmured from behind the boy's back as her most recent vision played over and over in her mind.

Someone was going to die.

A possibility then dawned on her, her face paling in realization.

Gon!

She snapped up, ripping herself off of Killua's back as she sprinted into the woods leaving the boy shocked and bewildered as he quickly lost sight of her.

"Kamine?!" He frowned before chasing after her. It was just minutes of sprinting to the fog that he realized he had completely lost the female.

"Damnit!" He hissed aggressively kicking a pebble, gasping when it ricocheted back at him after hitting a wall and almost took him out. He swiftly dodged to the left as an unsuspecting bird behind him was suddenly pelted by a pebble so strong it instantly flopped to the ground and died.

The event only fueled his anger. If he ran any longer he would never find his way back to the main group.

"Damnit Kamine!" He repeated aloud as the fog began thickening, "If you don't make it back to me I'll go back and kill you myself." He vowed in frustration, allowing himself the liberty to curse now that Kamine and Gon were gone.

Giving up in frustration be turned around, turning back towards the group as he tried to ignore the growing concern in his stomach for the female.

"She didn't even take her bag..." Killua frowned as his hands tightened on the pristine black bag.

She better turn out okay.

-=-=-

It didn't take the female long to track down Gon. She didn't know why she felt such an obligation to protect the boy, the only person she was obligated to protect was Killua. Perhaps it was because she unconsciously knew the anguish Killua would feel at the thought of his first and only friend dying at the hands of a sadistic jester. Or perhaps it was due to the brilliant optimistic gleam of his large amber hues as he talked about his dreams of becoming a hunter and finding his dad.