the devil's chariot

As I climb into my car, my mind wanders to my friends from when I was part of the infamous vigilante group, the Phantom Thieves of Hearts. I am reminded of a Japan-wide trip in the summer where we faced many opponents are changed their hearts, including my own godmother's, for... overworking her staff... ahem. I remember, on that trip, that my teammates would panic at the very mention of me behind the wheel... I could never figure out why. As far as I'm aware, I drive just fine I get to and from where I am to go in a good amount of time with minimal issues. So why was it that they were always white as sheets when we arrived at our destination?

As I pull out of the driveway, shrug and sigh. I suppose I'll never know. I do the speed limit down the residential street to arrive at Shibuya Central Street, missing several pedestrians and other vehicles by mere centimetres. But that's how driving is supposed to be, isn't it? The roads are dangerous places and people should not be walking on them!
When I was a child, I was bought a small child's car to ride around in. Of course, not an actual car, that would be obscene. But I would always speed around my garden in my little car... my butlers would have so much fun playing with me that they yelled with delight whenever I took it out for a spin! They called it the Devil's Chariot; they'd play games over who would get to play with me that day, they loved it so much! Alas, I have never been able to conceive why my friends felt uneasy with me behind the wheel.

As I now arrive in a nearby parking lot, I spy a pay point to get a parking ticket at and park my car in the nearest place in its vicinity. A bellowing, grey cloud of smoke hits me as I step out. Of course, this is normal. Every time I park, my wheels begin to smoke. Soon, they may need changing because for some reason my wheels seem to be very weak and thin, and so, tear easily. I don't know why that is, since Makoto's wheels never tore when she drove us. I pay for my stay for three hours and promptly leave towards Shibuya Central Street.