— But weren't you the one who set fire to the new statue of Joseph Crackstone?

— My hands are clean. — Mors shook her head.

— I'm so excited that my date with Ajax is today.—  Enid said. She wore reddish clothes and a beret on her head of the same color.

— You'll be late. — Wednesday said.

— Wish me luck.

— If he breaks your heart I'll shoot him.— the girl went back to the typewriter, while Mors went to the bedroom balcony. She knew her sister wouldn't mind listening to some classical music.

Mors sat down in front of the instrument and began strumming Rêverie 68, Debussy. She thought about everything she was going through, how she missed her family and about the fact that maybe Xavier Thorpe was the monster she and her sister were looking for. The girl kept playing when she saw Xavier running past to the building where he was staying.

The white-haired girl checked the time on the bedroom clock and saw that it was past eleven. She frowned and got up quickly.

— I'm going out. Don't wait for me. —   she spoke without giving her sister a chance to answer.

Mors ran through the corridors and preferred to climb the side of the building, climbing to the boy's window. She sat on the bedroom balcony and watched Thorpe grunt in pain as he took off his shirt. Addams knocked three times on the glass, startling him, and then entered the room when he allowed her to enter.

— What are you doing here? It's already too late.

— What happened to you? — her eyes widened when she saw deep scratches on the back of his right shoulder.

Thorpe sighed and sat down on the bed, followed by Mors.

— I was painting in the middle of the forest and I lost track of time. I was painting an... animal and its claws scratched me.

— That 's ugly. Do you have bandages?

— Here. — he held up a small box.

The girl walked over, taking small ribbons from the box. The weird feeling of shock appeared as soon as her fingers brushed against Xavier's skin. She could see several paintings painted with the face of the monster that she had already seen twice up close.

— What's it?—  he asked curiously. —  What did you saw?

— Lots of paintings. Do not worry about it. — she cleaned up his bruises.

— Are you excited to spend hours under mirror balls with loud music?

— Are you referring to Raven's? —  she laughed. — I don't know. I like dances, but I didn't have a good experience the last time I went.

— What happened?

— A normie invited me just to throw red ink at me and compare me to Carrie. Everyone was laughing at me and someone put the Bee Gees music on. I don't really like remembering that.

— I thought you were good with normies. — she stared at him for a few seconds.

— I do get along well with them. But not Wednesday. I hadn't made friends at that school yet. We entered the middle of the semester. It was the penultimate school before Never More. She didn't even go to the dance, I don't even know if she knows about it. It sucked.

— I bet this one will be nice.

"I just got back from the morgue."

— What?! —  Mors said aloud and Thorpe looked at her. — Wednesday in my head. — he smiled sheepishly and got up from the bed. — I just finished. Be careful from now on.