𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲.

Start from the beginning

"Alright. Tender age, white child found dead in a black neighborhood. We're still waiting on the M.E, but the responding EMTs indicate that, um, the kid's neck was snapped. Stabbed in the abdomen three times" Adam says, sitting on the windowsill behind Erin's desk.

"And his wrists and ankles were bound with sailors' knots. For what that's worth" Al adds.

Jay walks onto the bullpen with a file in his hand saying, "his name was Jeremy Dolan. He was reported missing 36 hours ago from Rogers Park. He was eight years old. His parents are Richard and Rochelle. They're waiting at the morgue to ID the body" then hands the file to Voight.

"Rogers park. That's three miles north of that house" Atwater says.

"Or he was probably killed elsewhere and transported to the scene" Ruzek suggests, "we got no eyeball witnesses of the body being placed, though"

"Do we know who owns the house?" Max questions. Kevin hands the brunette a paper and says, "yep. Local real estate investors. That's one of 150 properties that they're buying and fixing up in that area"

"I'll see if there's anything there" Erin says.

"Alright, we start in Rogers park. I want all service calls the last 48 hours" Voight says, "Where was he abducted? I mean, somebody heard a scream, saw a car they didn't recognize, a strange face, something"

"The boys family is on their way to the morgue. I want to be there when they ID him" Dawson says, looking at Al to go with him.

🪩🪩🪩

"The night of the disappearance, yes ma'am" Adam says to the lady that he and Kevin were talking to in the neighborhood of the victim.

"No, we didn't hear anything" she says.

"No screaming, sound of slamming doors?" Kevin asks.

"I would've gone and checked. We watched each other's kids. These were good people"

"I understand. Um, were your windows open? This would have been 630, 7, Saturday night" Adam asks.

"They were opened, it was warm and my hearing is perfect"

"anybody little too nice? Maybe extra candy on Halloween kind of thing?" Kevin asks, placing his hands on his hips.

"There's no one here that's too friendly. They'd get dealt with. We didn't hear anything" the husband of the woman says.

"So uh, how well did you know the Dolans, Mr..." Jay says, hooking his sunglasses on his shirt.

"Boyd. Uh, Damien Boyd. I've known Richie my whole life. We grew up down the block here. I don't live here anymore though, so...I wish I could help you, my friends are grieving and I got to get these inside"

"Sorry. Our condolences" Maxine said before Damien and his son walk away.

"So, no one saw or heard anything"

"Nothing they feel like sharing anyway"

🪩🪩🪩

𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐊𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒, chicago pd ¹On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara