36 ¦ Good Old Days

Start from the beginning

I told Hoon the news, who shrugged his shoulders in disinterest and said, "We can find our way back without them. But first we have to find Jay." I nodded and we kept searching. 

After an hour, we gave up and I checked the time on my phone. It was already 6:23pm and I had a message from Jay.

Sorry, I couldn't find you guys so I just went back. If you guys were smart, hopefully you did the same thing. - Jay

No we were solid, unlike him! Annoyed, I put my phone away again and grabbed Hoon's hand. I pulled him all the way to the exit of the market and only then realized that I had really been holding his hand throughout.

I quickly pulled mine away and enlightened him, "Jay has already gone back on his own, Hoon. We can be on our way without worrying then." 

Hoon nodded and grinned broadly, "Then it's all good." I nodded. 

We walked through the now dark meadow and had to be careful where we stepped because it was already quite dark. When we were about halfway and talking about the teachers at our boarding school, I tripped over an obstacle, as Karma seemed to want me to do, and gracefully pulled Hoon into the grass with me. Great job! 

I landed on top of him and he just grinned broadly at me. What was this idiot thinking right now? I quickly rolled off him and was about to get up when we saw something incredible. The meadow in front of us was lit up by thousands of fireflies. 

Hoon sat up next to me in the grass and murmured, "Wow, I've never seen fireflies before, even though I've been on this earth for so long. Seems like you're my lucky charm, Miri." He tilted his head toward me, brushed a few of his brown strands out of his face, and smiled gently at me. 

I stared at him, dumbfounded, and replied, "Oh.... oh nonsense, sometime is always the first time. I just happened to be there. Besides, it's also my first time seeing fireflies." 

Hoon reached for my hand and pulled something out of his pocket. He placed a small black box in my hand and said, "Open it!" 

I alternately looked from him to the small box and then opened it. Inside was a small silver necklace with an astronaut as a pendant. This was the very one I had been staring at constantly before, but had convinced myself that it didn't fit me. 

"You stared at it so much that I had to buy it for you. Are you not happy, or why are you looking like that?" 

I replied, perplexed, "No...yes! I-It's just  w-why are you buying me this?" He threw his head back and laughed briefly. 

All of a sudden, he snatched the necklace out of my hand and pulled my head towards him. He put the necklace on me and whispered in my ear, "Because I knew it would look cute on you!" Then he breathed a kiss on my cheek and grinned widely. I stared into his dark eyes for a moment, then caught myself. 

Automatically blushing, I turned to him and asked, "Uhh... why?" 

He grinned, "That remains my secret. But keep the necklace, it'll be fun."

I replied, "Uhmm... okay. Whatever. I guess thanks." Hoon and I continued walking back down the path, lit by the fireflies, to the house. 

When we arrived, a worried Antoine hugged us and howled, "You're finally back! We were getting worried. I've been terrible to you guys! When I'm unslept, I'm a different person. I must apologize to you, mes amis! Do you forgive me?" We nodded in sync and Antoine laughed, "That's super! MERCI." 

I retreated to my room after Antoine's usual barrage of words, only to find that Lily was not in the room. Funny, was she in the room with the boys again? The way she had been glued to Jungwon, I wouldn't be surprised. 

I turned to look for her outside our room, only to be scared out of my wits by Ni-ki suddenly standing in front of me leaning against the wall. I cried out briefly, but immediately calmed down. 

"WHY ARE YOU SCARING ME LIKE THAT?" I screeched. He stared at me and quickly approached me. 

"W-what's wrong?", I asked. 

"What were you doing out there alone with Sunghoon for so long? I thought you were out with Jay." 

I explained to him why I had only come back with Hoon, whereupon he suddenly asked, "Where did you get that necklace? You didn't have it earlier. Did you buy it at the market?" 

I answered honestly, "Ahh.... Nah, so this's from Hoon." 

He smiled, "I know." Confused, I stared at him. Why was he so pleased? 

"That was Hoon's test, I wondered if you would answer me honestly or not. He just intercepted me in the hallway and filled me in on it. So you're a real bull's-eye and honest to boot, little one." 

He came closer to me and suddenly snatched the necklace off my neck. "Still, you shouldn't wear anything other guys give you! I bought you one earlier too. I figured it would probably look perfect on you". He put his necklace on me, which had a Celtic cross as a symbol, with a red stone in the middle. I liked that one, too. But it was a pity about the necklace that Sunghoon had given me. Riki didn't have to destroy it right away.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice how Riki came closer and closer to me and slowly stroked my arms. He approached my neck and his eyes turned purple. He slowly pushed me onto the bed and began to kiss me. I returned the kiss, which became more and more demanding and he took the lead. It felt good until he went under my shirt with his hand. That made a strange feeling arise. 

The door was opened. I winced and kicked him off the bed. There was a loud thump... He landed in front of the closet and groaned in pain, "That was my head. Ouch-" Standing in the doorway were Jungwon and Lily. 

Their eyes were huge and Lily stammered, "W-we must have interrupted. Well uh uh- I guess that's called Romanticus Interruptus. Ha ha...sorry." 

She was about to pull the door shut again when Jungwon held against it and hissed in rage, "Youngest, GET OUT IMMEDIATELY! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?" 

After Jungwon's words, Ni-ki dashed down the hall and audibly locked himself in the bathroom. Jungwon banged on the door and shouted, "You said you'd get your act together!" 

Riki argued, "But you and Lily get to make out like you want, or what?!" 

Cholerically, Jungwon yelled, "WE DON'T MAKE OUT, NI-KI!"

Ni-ki laughed softly, "Yeah, right..." Eventually Jungwon gave it up and went to sleep, as did Lily and me. What an evening...