i wasn't sure if i believed her. i recall telling her to prove she was a god and she never did. now my mind is left wondering.

"first, i'm going to cleanse the earth of sins." she played with my fingers. "and then i'm going to do a mass rebirth on the night of the blood moon."

"world wide destruction huh?"

"you know it baby." she smirked and leaned back. she was going to kill billions. i needed to know if she was being serious.

"prove to me that you're a god."

"think mileena, i already have." i was most definitely confused.

"your necklace, i've given you power. are you that oblivious?"

"what are you talking about?"

"you don't know what you've done?" what was she not telling me. "you'll find out soon." billie let go of my hand.

"tell me now."

"don't you have somewhere to be?" she grabbed her bottle of water before leaving. i hated when she did this.

the way i could go from happy to curious to angry in the span of a few minutes. i composed myself and left the room.

i needed to leave.

-

nervous. i was so nervous when i know i shouldn't be, according to billie. the world was ending and my job wouldn't matter.

the eclipse of the blood moon wasn't too far away. i didn't know how i felt in the moment. the beginning of the end.

"what happened to your neck." i had to think of a lie quick.

"um.. i scratched it with my nails."

"and you're not lying, are you?" i shook my head. "okay.. where are the tapes?"

"about that, when i transferred them to my computer somehow the information deleted." i knew he was about to yell.

"but!" i stopped him. "i'm more then half way finished with the story. i can give a presentation to the board on the contents."

he sighed, and clenched his jaw. "don't mess this up mileena." he pointed. "the board meeting starts at three. now, get out ."

i smiled and nodded. i had to impress them. but fuck was i nervous.

the sound of my phone vibrating forced me to fetch it out of my purse. it was an unknown number.

"hello?"

"mileena."

"how did you get a phone." i chuckled before leaving the building. how did she even get my number?

"i have my ways." i could hear her shuffling around. "i've come to realize i have a soft spot for you."

"that's hard to believe." i opened my car door, "if you really do have a soft spot for me tell me what you meant earlier."

"i can't."

"and why not?"

"you have to find out on your own. me telling you goes against.."

"goes against what?"

"you'll find out soon, i promise." she sighed and i just hummed. when was soon? because it was starting to feel like forever.