Mine | Jaemin Fic #1

Start from the beginning

Your thoughts were interrupted by loud chatter from a group entering the study area. You didn't even need to look to know who the six boys were. After entering high school, Jaemin made a lot of friends. Even though they could be annoying with how much bickering they did, they were a nice group of guys.

Mark is a super senior majoring in business. Renjun, Haechan, and Jeno were third-year students, just like you and Jaemin. Then there was Chenle who was a sophomore and you recently met Jisung who was a freshman.

"Ugh, how long have you been here?" Haechan groaned at the sight of the textbooks and notes laid in front of you.

You sent the boy a glare. "I have a 15-page research paper due by the end of the week. Time can't be wasted."

"Sheesh. Being a psychology major sounds scary," Jeno shuddered.

You rolled your eyes and took another bite of your kimbap. Though you didn't want to admit it, eating felt pretty nice after pulling two all-nighters and skipping meals. You were almost thankful when the attention of the group shifted to the boy next to you.

"Hey, I heard a certain someone might like you," Mark nudged him on the shoulder.

News to him, Jaemin cocked a brow. "Really? Who?"

"Song Hyejin," Renjun answered. "Contemporary dance major."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure we share a class," Jisung nodded.

Chenle beside him, pulled out his phone to show Jaemin a picture of her. "You know her, right?"

You peeked over at the younger's phone. Song Hyejin...you've passed by her in the halls a few times. Despite being only a freshman, she quickly became popular among the guys. What was there not to like about her? She had beautifully styled hair, wore the best outfits, and had the prettiest makeup. She was sweet, talented, and surely had a whole future ahead of her.

"She's cute I guess," Jaemin shrugged in response.

Haechan playfully smacked him on the shoulder. "Just cute? She's a total goddess."

A piece of you deflated at this. Insecurity was another reason Jaemin and you could never happen. There was no way that he would like you when he could have any other girl in the world. Despite how close you were, you knew that Na Jaemin was out of your league.

✰ ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ―・

That evening, you could barely concentrate on your assignments. Your mind kept wandering back to what the guys were talking about earlier. You wondered if Jaemin was going to date Hyejin. They'd surely be a popular campus couple if they did. Jaemin was already known for his handsome visuals and charming personality.

"You've been staring at your computer screen for the past seven minutes."

Snapping out of your thoughts, you glanced over to your roommate, Young-Mi who was on her bed scrolling through social media. As the one other person who went to high school with you, she had been there to witness your hopeless crush on Jaemin.

"Oh, I didn't realize," You muttered and closed your laptop for the night. Your work was pretty much finished anyway.

Young-Mi sat up and stretched her arms. "Are you doing anything next Monday?"

"No, why?"

"There's a guy in my programming class. His name is Yangyang," Your friend spoke casually. "He's in the same year as us, and I think you guys would get along."

You sighed already knowing where this was going. "I'm not interested."

"Oh come on," Young-Mi whined. "Are you going to be hung up on Na Jaemin forever?"