dogfight football || n. trace

in which the team is playing dogfight football on the beach and it's just not fair.

call sign: spade

——

i was on a team with hangman, payback, and coyote. we were up against tasha, rooster, bob and fanboy, they were winning. to make matters worse hangman made me switch with him so i was on nat and he was on bob.

"oh come on this just isn't fair." i mumble looking at my girlfriend who was hunched infront of me. "oh come on baby, i'll go easy on you." she says chuckling to herself. i shake my head and hunch down so we are eye level.

the first round goes fine, hangman got a touchdown and we were hunched again. unlike last time phoenix decided to speak up.

"so lan, how does it feel to be loosing?" she scoffs. i shake my head at her and the whistle is blown by maverick. rooster passes the ball to tasha and as i am tagging her for the ball she whispers something in my ear.

"here's the deal babe." she says looking up into my eyes. "if you let my team win, we can do anything you want tonight." a smirk appears on her lips as my jaw slacks.

"come on spade! let's go! line up. this is the last round so winner takes it all!"maverick yells as everyone gets into their positions. we hunch and another round starts. when pheonix gets the ball i let her run right past me, acting as if i was looking at something in the sky. she scores a touchdown and her team goes running over to her lifting her in the air as she blows me a kiss. i smirk and send her a wink as hangman groans.

"come on spade what was that you totally could have gotten her! we could have won!" he says putting his hands on his hips. if only he knew the situation.

"hangman, buddy, bud, jake, may i call you jake?" i say placing my hand on his shoulder. natasha came over and wrapped her arms around my waist resting her head on my shoulder as i kiss it. "no you may not." he grunts, giving me an idiotic look.

"well then, hangman, if only you knew the circumstances." i smirk, picking up my girlfriend and spinning her around. when i set her back down on the ground, i took her hand and started to pull her towards the parking lot. we were so close before someone stopped us.

"hey where are you two going?" maverick yelled. i mentally smacked myself.

"we're heading home, we've uh, we've got a dinner to go to." i say slowly turning to him.

"dinner? it's 4:30, what are you old timers?" bradley asked with a smirk. i glared at him and natasha chuckled placing her chin on my shoulder. her arms snakes around my waist and her chest was pressed against my back, i held back my smirk as she placed a kiss to my shoulder.

"yea, plus penny made us food to have a team dinner come eat with us!" mav said as he started to walk towards us.

"mav we would love to really but we can't we have some stuff to take care of." i say.

"ok fine," he sighs and i can feel nat smile. he start to turn away to walk to the car when he speaks up again. "if you two don't eat with us your in the ground for the next week."

i stop in my tracks and lean down to place my forehead on natasha's shoulder. she laughs as i fake cry. i pick my head up and turn to him taking mats hand whispering a fine as we walk to the table where the other aviators are. i sit down next to rooster and natasha.

"it's ok baby, it can wait till we get home." she says placing her hand on my tight and a kiss on my cheek.

"no babe i don't think you understand, it really can't wait." i say squeezing her thigh and sighing down at the empty plate. she chuckles and starts to get food from the spread that penny made. we ate and talked about the game. it was nice to be surrounded by my friends and family and the love of my life but once the plates and food were cleared, we were out of there. in the jeep and down the road pulling up to my house.

once we were inside, the door was locked and clothes were on the ground, we rushed upstairs and into the bedroom, shutting the door just in case rooster came home early.

edited on 4/29/23