Chapter 9

There was a Christmas tune playing on the radio as a drink was being poured into a wine glass. The sound of the liquid filling the glass was heard throughout the place, halting once the last few droplets fell towards the rim. The red crimson liquid swirled around, shining against the Christmas lights that had been recently hung.

Vampire cookie grabbed the drink, staring at himself within the reflection. A silly looking cookie looked back at him, with a smug smile on his face. Vampire started observing himself in the reflection, making different faces to himself.

"Stop playing with your food," Sparkling joked from across the bar.

"I was just checking myself out! Can't a man love himself?" Vampire took a sloppy sip, dribbling wine down his shirt. 

"How can someone as drunk as you be so philosophical? And please, drink that correctly," Sparkling handed a napkin over, "or you're cleaning the mess up."

"Aye," Vampire grabbed the napkin, wiping his shirt.

As Vampire cleaned himself up, a new song played on the radio. There was a violin that began to play, faintly bringing in a full orchestra after the introduction.

Sparkling sighed, "I can't believe they cancelled Mint Choco's concert this year..."

"Huh? They did?"

"...yes? How did you not know?"

"I don't know. I've been stuck with my sister for a while..."

Vampire continued to drink from the glass, giving Sparkling time to think.

"Do you ever go to his concerts anyway?"

Vampire shrugged, "nah. They don't let me."

"Probably because you're always drunk."

"I'm not a mean drunk... but it's okay, they always play his music on the radio afterwards."

Sparkling chuckled, "well you're not wrong, but I can't say that I enjoy seeing you drunk all of the time-"

Before he could finish, there was a bell ringing from the entrance of the bar. 

"Oh! Why, hello there dear customer-..."

Sparkling stopped himself from continuing his typical customer welcoming, noticing it was Herb that had opened the door. Vampire turned in his seat to face Herb, waving his drink in the air. 

"It's my man, Herb!" Vampire cheered.

Herb was heavily breathing, trying to catch his breath, "guys! I knew you'd be here!"

He rushed over to one of the bar stools, plopping himself down and taking a deep breath.

"How about a drink to help you relax, hm?" Sparkling offered, already preparing a drink.

"That would be nice..." 

As Sparkling grabbed the ingredients around him, Vampire struck up a conversation.

"Sooo... how have you been? Doing good?"

Herb nodded, "more than good! I was able to talk to Latte and she casted a spell on me-"

"Did she curse you?" Vampire whispered.

"No, she helped me out, actually. See, what she did was place a spell on me that prevents me from getting sick from the cold. I can do anything now!"

"That's neat," Vampire spoke happily, "so what did you do this whole time?"

"I mostly sat inside with Snow Sugar and..." Herb paused, "wait, I haven't told you guys about Werewolf cookie yet!"