Ch 7 - Children of War

Start from the beginning

"Silco! They've been spotted." a man yelled racing up to them panting. Silco regarded him then turned to Amara "It is time I take my leave, I trust you can handle operations from here." Amara steeled herself and nodded. "I can handle Vi..." she said softly, they stood above, below them a catwalk, and below that the main room of operations. Even from this height, she could tell a few of them were children...

-

Chaos broke out, the workers did what Amara told them perfectly. The only downside is they brought more enforcers than they thought. Luckily one of the kids slipped away and activated the alarm system shutting everything down and releasing the shimmer bots. 

    Vi fought hard, her new little friend was even more fearsome. The weapons they possessed could change the way of the world drastically. Amara stalked along the railing watching them, this was not a mission to save the shimmer or take them down...this was an intel mission. It looks like they played every hand at their disposal and now the next time they come...they'll be ready.

The room was silent, the workers apprehended and the bots taken down. Vi and Jayce stood back to back waiting for something else to pop out. They jumped when they heard slow clapping. 

   "Bravo, young counselor," Amara called down to them "You've taken down one of our bases and killed my workers." Jayce furrowed his brows "I thought you said you didn't work for him?" he asked, anger taking over. He let her into one of the most secure places in Piltover...now she was more than likely giving the entire layout to the enemy. 

"Amara?" Vi whispered, her brows pinched with hurt. "What? Did you think I was going to run home with my tail between my legs and wait for you to show up? You chose your side, Vi. And I chose mine." she sneered at the red-haired girl. "Thank you, by the way, counselor. A very informative demonstration of what your wonderful hextech technology can do. I'm sure my darling engineer will be ecstatic to hear all about it." Jayce looked around at the metal bodies "Robots?" he questioned "No, people who sacrificed themselves for the cause." Amara told him. "They all have." he turned and suddenly every person captive clenched their jaws and purple foamed at the corners of their mouths. 

"No!" Jayce yelled, but it was too late. "Capture her!" two enforcers had made their way up to her while they were busy talking. They stood no chance. She drew her blade and cut them both down "Look around you, little counselor, you think you are doing the right thing, you think you are in control but you are not." she shook her head.

 "Look at these people, look at these men..." she opened her arms wide referring to the dead who sacrificed themselves and the enforcers who tried to stop her. "Look at what your war has done to them." Jayce hesitated "This is Silco's fault! He killed Vander, he killed Powder, and he is corrupting you too!" Vi yelled. Amara chuckled "And why would you care, Violet?" she tilted her head "You left Jinx alone and broken....you left me not once but twice and you want to know who was there each time?" Amara asked "Silco."

She held up her blade that glinted in the moonlight coming in from the collapsing ceiling of the old building, blood dripped down it and she looked back to them. "You must be ready for what is to come. Our darling engineer is so very close to a breakthrough....and when that happens he's coming for you." She met Vi's eyes and suddenly she was gone.

-

Vi found Jayce kneeling next to a kid, no older than she was when she was put in prison. "You didn't have a choice." Vi told him, seeing a child shook her core but what was done was done. "He knew what he was signing up for, you heard Amara." Jayce tsk'd and stood "Your little friend? How do I know you're not going to run off with her too?" He asked getting in Vi's face, she narrowed her eyes. "I chose to help you guys even after being kicked out. I hate Silco more than anything and I want to bring him down. Do not turn on me."

 "We're done here." Jayce shoved past her "We haven't even scratched the surface. Silco's still out there." she pointed vaguely in the direction of the city "Yeah, and he has your little friend on his side. They set us up. This was all a plot to get us out here and see what our resources are. She killed two of my men!" Vi clenched her jaw "Yes...but what are a few lives in a war." Vi said softly, she shook her head to get the image of Amara out of her mind. 

   "Listen, she's not fully on his side, she's only playing her part to survive." He turned on her "How do you know?! How do you know your not too caught up in what you feel for her to see the truth!" everything was so messed up, so twisted and grey...nothing was black and white anymore. "She came to warn us. War is coming." Vi continued, ignoring him, Jayce threw up his hands "We already knew that." Vi shook her head "No, think about what she said specifically. Ji-their engineer is almost done creating their hextech mega bomb...and then they are taking the fight to us. Above ground, to Piltover." 

   Jayce sighed and shook his head, running his hands through his hair "Do you not understand? I am part of this now! The next parents who get a message their kid isn't coming home...I don't even know where to take it. Do we just leave him here?" he asked, voice catching as he looked at the dead boy in front of him. 

   "You've always been a part of this. You just never had to look it in the eye. One dead kid? There are hundreds more where he came from, thanks to Silco, and thanks to people like you who stuck their heads in the dirt." Vi yelled back "This is over." he picked up the hammer and powered it down. "Not for me." Vi clenched her fists, the technology booting up for another powerful punch. "Take those off." he demanded "Make me." she hissed "I can't let you leave with them." he powered the hammer back up "Then, I guess you're gonna need to kill another trencher." Vi raised her fists. 

Jayce stared at her for a long while before he hung his head and walked away.

-

"Been a while since topside's gotten this bold." Sevika looked at the aftermath of the invasion. "Say what you want about the late Sheriff. He had his uses." Silco muttered, he glanced at Amara she discretely nodded. "Too bad Jinx didn't think so." Sevika chuckled "We'll buy another." Silco rolled his eyes. "You gonna do anything about that piece of shit that murdered my boy? Let me guess, Jinx will take care of it. Just like she's been taking care of everything else." Renni yelled at them, she cradled her son in her arms. 

  Amara swallowed thickly, sure she can put up a front...but seeing the destruction up close... "We all mourn the loss of your son, Renni. At least, we have the solace of knowing he died fighting for our cause, instead of some petty personal dispute, as so often occurs here." Silco turned to face her "You're one to talk about sacrificing for the cause. Where is Jinx anyhow?" Renni asked, no one had seen her for days. Silco looked to Amara and held her gaze, she was the only one who knew what Jinx was working on, if others knew they'd want to use it for themselves and then there would be a greater power struggle than there already was. "Help her with the body." he left.

Sevika caught the looks between Silco and Amara and crossed her arms "What's going on between you two?" she asked "Probably fucking behind your back." Amara and Sevika both fixed Finn with deadly glares. "What, she works at the brothel, right? Don't you, like, pay to keep her around? Silco's got bigger pockets, all I'm saying." he lit his cigarette "Are you going to fight, or are you going to help me with my boy!" Renni yelled at them. Amara's brows pinched and she sighed "Finn, Sevika, get digging. Renni, let's get him cleaned up." Finn glared "Who gave you the right to order me around?" Sevika growled and grabbed the boy by his neck "Let's go."

-