Feed me with despair, Hinata-kun.

When Hajime woke up, Nagito was not there.

He already left huh...? At least I didn't have to see his face first thing in the morning...

Hajime left his cottage to go to the cafeteria. Part of him also wanted to see Nagito here.

Aaaaand yes! He was here! But... something seems... off...?

"Hehehehe, Hinata-kun... you are so ugly... the mirror broke every time you look at your reflection..."

"Oh... I see..."

"Pfft-" Soda tried very hard to not laugh. Everyone could see the tear in his eyes.

"You are so fake. Barbie is jealous."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! I CAN'T- BREATHE- HAHAHAHAHA!" Hiyoko was laughing really loudly as she was laying on the floor.

And Hajime is in pain.

Since this morning Nagito was saying stuff like that, Akane became a crybaby and Ibuki was way too serious about everything.

"You are also so stupid!" Nagito started to laugh too. But in a weird way.

"Stupidity is not a crime so you are free to go." Ibuki responded. With very empty eyes.

"Upupupupu! Look like our student just got the Despair Disease!"

"D-despair Disease...? What is this?"

"It's a Reaaaally annoying disease where you get a high fever, along with various other symptoms that are full of despair!" Monokuma explained with enthusiasm.
"It looks like Nagito got the Liar Disease, Akane the Coward Disease, and Ibuki the Gullible Disease."

"L-lying?"
The expression of Hajime suddenly changes.
So everything he said was not an insult but a compliment?
This information reassures him... in a way.

"Also, the disease is highly contagious and can get passed from person to person easily, just like the common cold!"

"Wait but Hinata-kun had contact with them! He might be sick too!" Hiyoko quickly hides behind Sonya, probably thinking it will protect her from anything.

"Hey! You are too close!" Soda yelled. Hiyoko stuck her tongue out. She is acting like a child. "YEAH, THAT'S NOT HAPPENING!"

"You...!" He angrily tried to chase her, but... "Enough!" Sonya said. Hiyoko was still laughing behind her.

"Despair...! Despair ...!! Despair !!!" Nagito keeps saying the same words.

"Huh, is... is everything alright Nagito?" Hajime didn't hide his worries. He reaches toward Nagito. And let his hand on Nagito's forehead. It was very hot.

"Hehe. You're disgusting, Hajime."

"S-shut up." Hajime said harshly. But his hand was still on the other boy's forehead.

"I want you to stay away from me..." He is saying this but his face says the opposite. Yes. Nagito is blushing.

"Whoah! He is all red!"

"I-It must be because of the fever!" Hajime found a totally true explanation

"So they are all very sick..."

"Hajime's sick too! Look at his face! He is also red!" Hiyoko pointed her finger at him, almost hissing like a cat. (Meow)

"There, another one in trash. This despair... I wonder how long it's gonna last?" Akane cried, with tears all over her face.

"What the hell?"
Fuyuhiko glared at Akane angrily.
"Don't call Hajime a trash-!"

"D-don't be angry at her! Sh-she is sick!"
Mikan defended her but... she is also crying.

"I think there's something wrong with me, why can't I just live happily?" Akane is still crying.

"Yeah, something is wrong with you." It was the moment for Fuyuhiko to be mean.

"I-I will be taking care of them all until they are no longer sick! Uuuhhh... I-I mean... I am the ultimate Nurse a-after all!"

Yeah.
More and more chaos.

...Hajime thought of something.
Didn't Nagito said something about him being really sick when I spent my free time with him?... W-wait...
Adding to the despair disease... it can be very dangerous for him!

And just like that, Nagito collapsed on the floor.

Shit.

"OH MY GOD!"

"Is he okay!?"

"Will he die!?"

"Why should we worry for trash like him..."

"Th-that's not good! His temperature is too high, and his p-pulse is slowing down!"

Shit.

ShitShitShitShitShit.

Hajime didn't wait any more seconds to carry Nagito. Nagito was sweating and breathing faster and faster. This time, his red face was really because of the high fever.

At the hospital. He didn't even listen to what the others said. He directly stayed in Nagito's hospital room.

The eyes of Nagito are closed. And he is still in the same state as earlier.
Hajime sat down next to him. He was really worried.

Time passes. And Fuyuhiko told him the plan. Mikan will take care of the sick one and he will communicate with the other with a... huh... the thing that Soda built.

Fuyuhiko closed the door behind him, leaving Nagito and Hajime in the room.

"...Nagito." Hajime almost said quietly.
"Please don't die Nagito..."

"I regret everything mean I said to you." Hajime was feeling very down.

"..."

"You know. Before the first kill... I really passed a good time with you. I felt... relaxed. Like nothing else was important anymore."

"..."

"And... when you revealed... that you tried to... kill. I felt... so betrayed."

"..."

"But... for some reason. I don't hate you that much..."

"...Hajime."

"Y-you finally speak! Please tell me that you are okay... I mean not okay!"

"I... I hate you."

"Huh?"

"I hate you so much I could live..."

"Wh-what are you saying!?"

Hajime didn't forget the disease Nagito have.

The liar disease.

"Wh-what a weird way to confess..." Hajime was still very confused. He knew that Nagito was lying but it still hurt.

"It's because you are so ill. You became crazy haha..."

Nagito slowly took Hajime's hand. He could feel the warmth of his body with just this single touch.
Even his hand is very hot...

"K-komaeda I should go now."

"Leave me alone please..."

"Well, that's what I try to do."

He is shaking... he really is in pain.
"No. I can't leave you like this." Sighed Hajime. "You- you need me..."

"Nooo.... not at all..." The voice of Nagito was very weak. Almost like a whisper.

"I'll stay with you until you get better..."