easy peasy

the ship came to a slow stop in a warehouse- much like the one stiles had used previously to escape. from there the three climbed into a helicopter and headed to the stark towers.

the ride was suffocatingly silent. no one knew what to speak about. eventually stiles broke it.

"what's happened in the last year?"

tony thought for a moment.

"not much. met a wizard. dealt with the usual shit around the world. oh- i think one of your old friends tried to contact you."

stiles eyebrows furrowed. how did they know where to look?

"yeah- yeah someone by the name of scott. says he really misses you. he saw your face in the news"

stiles eyes flickered rapidly between their usual honey brown to blazing gold. he clenched his fists and stayed silent- tony watched him with wonder. when he finally relaxed a little there was a soft sting on his palm. looking closer he saw little crescent moons on them from where his nails had broken skin. he cringed and closed his hands again.

the flight passed by quickly after that- still without more than a few words being spoken at a time and they soon arrived.

the sun was high in the sky- it bore down on the city aggressively as stiles dropped onto the ground gracefully. he had managed to convince tony to give him a pair of sunglasses and he threw his back pack over his shoulder. finally being down on earth felt odd- not bad but. different.

he began walking away before stopping abruptly.

"wait. where am i supposed to sleep? where am i supposed to go? is fury still after my ass?"

he asked turning back to the two avengers.

tony shook his head lightly.

"kid. you're for want of a better word- irrelevant. it's fine. besides i had them put in a room for you- decorated it myself. it's next to peters."

stiles blinked. he didn't like the last comment but was more confused on fury.

"so i'm safe?"

tony shrugged
"to an extent. you're still wanted by the government in 32 states but they are willing to leave you alone as long as nothing goes wrong. I and a few of the others convinced them you are harmless so do not get yourself into any type of complications or it's my ass as well"

he threatened the last part but stiles was touched that he had stuck his neck out for him. he shot a large grin at tony before heading inside. oddly intrigued to see his room decor.

stiles pushed open the door quickly and dropped his bags. putting patrick on the side.

he looked around the room with a grin.

the bed sheets were HTTYD themed (of course) there were star wars posters scattered on dark blue walls and the ceiling was covered in hundreds of not thousands of glow in the dark stars. the carpet was a ruby red and fluffy to the touch. he had a balcony for easy access and a game console with a large tv facing his double bed. there was a bathroom connected in the corner which was pristine.

a venom plushy was placed in the middle of his pillows as well. an apple laptop lay closed on his bedside table and a small desk was tucked away in the corner. on the wall above it were rows and rows of books- a couple he had never heard of but many he adored.

stiles flopped down on his bed and sighed happily. the covers were soft and welcoming. he couldn't sleep just yet though- that could come later. first, stiles plugged his phone in to a conveniently placed charger. could you believe he went away for a year and forgot his charger? then he placed Patrick outside in a large birds nest stiles was sure had been clints idea. a bird bath was directly below it and Patrick cooed happily at the new environment.

stiles went back in and logged in to his new apple laptop- removing any safety locks put on by tony- if he wanted to hack into the government who was he to stop him. then he unpacked all of his stuff- shoving them into the compartments haphazardly.

his pone finally lit up. as soon as he re connected to the wifi an abundance of texts, calls and emails flooded in. most were unimportant a few from clint when the man had seen any graffiti or art about him anywhere and there were a lot of selfies of spiderman- or as stiles now knew peter. each had a charmingly cheesy comment underneath that stiles found himself chuckling at despite his thoughts on the teen.

then there were the calls- hundreds of them off everyone in the pack. stiles thought he had blocked their numbers but clearly they found a way around that

brother from another mother:

1 year ago: hey bro- haven't heard from you in a while- saw you on the news. what the fuck? u never told us u ad super powers!

1 year ago: I get why your ignoring me but your being kind of petty wouldn't you say?

1 year ago: stiles come on. this isn't even fair anymore. come back to us the pack misses you.

11 months: are you fucking serious? a month? im your best friend and you cant even make time to text back

11 months: pick up your phone. we need to talk

10 months: seriously stiles. we want you back in the pack. call me.

6 months: i found out where you work. i called your boss- he says your not available and wont be for six months. stiles where are you

5 months: im worried for you please text back.

the messages went on, varying from guilt tripping to begging to insults .the whole ordeal. last text had been a week ago telling him he was on his way. stiles delted all of it and scotts number again.

it was like this for almost all of the pack numbers he had. only one stuck out to him.

sour wolf:

stiles, its derek. i am not fully aware why you were kicked out but it is truly a shame. hope you are okay. call me if you feel like it. don't call scott- he is clearly manipulating the situation.

somehow that meant much more to stiles than anything scott could say to him. the final texts he cared about were peters. it was a long apology text first. then asking how to make up for it, realising his phone was indefinitely dead and proceeding to send him apology memes. mostly science related. stiles rolled his eyes with a fond smile and shut his phone off. he relaxed back into the bed and slipped off into a deep sleep. this had been an easier day than he had ever expected. not bad for first day back.

hi... i actually have a story line i'm following now. so there is an end in sight. yeah might take like... seven more chapters but yk (: