which is home?

i'm really sorry i didn't write much about his actual experience here. i haven't watched black panther in ages and forgot a lot of how it works. hope this is all right tho.

stiles had been on Wakanda for eleven months- in just a few days it would be a year. he had learnt so much. admittedly at the start he was ready to quit instantly- the training was intense and painful. but over time he grew stronger, more agile and now he spent his time on long runs or sparring against others- although he was still no match for many of the warriors. they held skills and movements he couldn't even comprehend.

he used his powers in seperate training sessions, for sparring it was banned.  now stiles had a few hours free and he spent it in the gym.

he was busy jabbing a handmade punching bag when  Shuri walked in. she jokingly wolf whistled at him. stiles stopped and rolled his eyes. he picked up his towel and wiped his forehead.

"hey Shuri"

"hey stiles. hey void"

tell her i say hello

"void says eat shit"

she burst out laughing as stiles grinned. void was shouting in his head.

do not say that. that is a lie.

she shook her head at him.

"he definitely didn't say that"

stiles only shrugged he walked out the room shuri joined him keeping the same pace.

"you going home soon?"

stiles nodded, sadness clouded his eyes a little. he had become fond of this place. he didn't want to leave. he loved the people, the city and the food- they were good to him, they had accepted him and done nothing but help. the contrast of wakanda to earth was massive. stiles didn't want to return to a planet out for his head.

she stopped and placed an arm on his shoulder.

"it's alright. you can come back. eventually i might miss that stupid face"

stiles laughed despite himself.

"that'll make one of us"

she punched him in the arm before walking on. stiles rubbed the spot she hit. shuri had a good punch.

they walked in silence for a while only passing a few.

"yknow. a few people have started to call you fortis fox- fortis means brave in latin. i think it's stupid but yeah"

stiles scoffed- bitterness lacing it.

"i'm not brave. i ran here- away from earth."

im pathetic

there was a beat of silence. shuri let out a quiet sigh like she'd heard it before.

"and now your returning. strong and capable enough to fight the battles you left. that's not cowardice that smarts."

stiles blinked at her.

"did- did you just call me smart?"

"oh my god"

she started walking away.

"you called me smart. you can't take it back. i knew you were a sweet heart"

he yelled after her. she flipped him the middle finger.

"love you too!"

he yelled getting a groan out of her. he started chuckling once she dipped out of sight. he was right in front of his room now.