Chapter 6: The Battle of Hue - Ambush!

The Scene opens up in the City of Hue, where Aaron and 1st Platoon are with the 5th Marines of the 2nd Marine Battalion. And Colonel Ernest " Big Ernie" Cheatham, is interviewed by the media.

He is real, look him up on Wikipedia.

Reporter: Uh Colonel Cheatham, what's the objective here? And why's there women? They're not allowed to be in the front

Big Ernie: Well I've got two companies here that are just about to clear the next two blocks up. They're uh, I've got one company in this big building here that I guess is at the end of the Hue University, and they're going to start Firing in support of Foxtrot company going up this road here on the left, and attempt to take a couple large walled buildings that are on up about five or six hundred meters. Ask Staff Sergeant Lee over there, to have some info on how there's women fighting against the vietcong.

Reporter: What kind of fighting is it going to be?

Big Ernie: It's house to house and from room to room.

Blake: *in the distance* Nope!

Cheatham: That's what it is.

Reporter: That's good enough Colonel, we're moving on to Sergeant Lee.

Aaron is walking with the other Marines, until he gets called by the reporter.

Reporter: Sergeant!

Aaron: Yeah?

Reporter: Why is there women fighting with you?

Aaron: I was on a mission in the Jungles and we came across them, and they're just teens when I met them, we got ambushed after that, but they helped, and after they talked with the Commander, they were recruited, and maybe after 5 weeks as their Instructor, they are now real Marines like me.

Reporter: Where were they first deployed with you?

Aaron: Ia Drang, and on a night, while I was sleeping, Blake woke me up. See the woman with the cat ears? That's Blake. She was only armed with a Pistol and after killing a VC, she took the enemy's AK.

Ruby: Aaron! Hurry up, will you?

Aaron: If there's any more questions, I may have to catch up with them, sorry.

Reporter: That's all Sergeant. Thank you.

Aaron catches up with Ruby and they follow the APC. Until a rocket hits them as they were near the APC.

Marine: CONTACT! RIGHT FLANK!

Joker sees the enemies by the roof of the other building and Velvet calls a medic for both Aaron and Ruby, Ruby gets up and her ears are ringing, her M16A1 is nowhere to be seen, but she uses Crescent Rose to fight back, Ruby sees Aaron and he is unconscious, she Drags him to cover and Grabs his M16 and fires back after he was in cover, until a DShK Opens fire on them, and 8-Ball is killed.

Cowboy: Man Down! MG Fire over there!

Rafter hears MG and almost gets killed but rolls and takes cover while Firing. Animal uses his M60 for support and Joker fires his M16 at the Gunner. Nora runs for cover and jumps from the immobilized APC and jumps with an M20 Bazooka and blows up the MG. Pyrrha takes cover after an NVA Soldier is Firing at JNPR. And she throws an M26 Frag Grenade into the hole and ducks from the window.

1st Platoon Marine: GO GO GO!

Another DShK is set on a building and the MG Fires, killing the Marines running there, who thought that the area was clear.

Rock uses his M79 and it misses, but Nora uses her M20's last rocket and blows up the Machine Gun.

Rock: Nice Shot!

NVA Soldier: (Fire the Mortars! Now!)

The mortar rounds are fired and Weiss sees the rounds coming.

Weiss: MORTARS!

Some Marines are killed, and the remaining take cover.