04

TW: discussions of parental death

Wait. Did I just hear her right? I knew that Delanie had an estranged brother, but a twin brother?

She failed to mention that detail.

A brother whose name just happens to be Harry... It can't be the Harry that I met at the club last night, could it?

"Delanie, wait what? Back up a sec- what do you mean twin brother?" I pace around the kitchen and lean against the counter. My mind is racing with a number of questions that I know can't be answered over a phone call.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Harry making his way into the kitchen "Hey, who was that on the phone? Is every-" I rush up to him, cutting him off with my hand to his mouth before he could finish his sentence. He smirks at me and I shake my head signaling not to speak. The last thing I need is for Delanie to hear him in the background.

"I bet you have a ton of questions Remi and trust me I promise I will answer them. Right now I just really need my best friend." her tone just sounds hurt as she speaks. "I don't mean to cut whatever happened last night short but can you hurry back home from wherever you ended up last night?"

When those words come out of her mouth I realize it's more serious than I thought. Dels is never one to take someone away from a good time.

As much as I want to stay here and finish what was started earlier with Harry, I know that Delanie is who I should be with right now.

"Yeah of course babes I'm coming home now. I'll come to your place, ok? I'll be there soon." ending the call after we share our 'I love you's'.

Once I end the call and set my phone back down I remove my hand from Harry's mouth.

"What was all that about?" He asks. His face showed that he was curious about the situation but I know I can't share the details until I know the full story from Delanie.

Especially if this is the Harry she is referring to.

"Uh yeah sorry was my best friend. Something happened, and she needs me. I-I'm sorry Harry, but I gotta go." My words come out jumbled and he notices the stress on my face.

He walks up, closing me in on the counter looking down at me. His right hand comes up to the crease in my eyebrow smoothing away my frown. "Hey- Remington don't even stress about it okay? Don't apologize for being there for your best friend." His words come out meaningful and a smile curves to my lips.

My hands meet his waist pulling him close "Thank you Harry, that really means a lot" and I place a kiss to his shoulder stepping back.

After looking around for all my loose clothing in the kitchen, Harry whistles at me dangling my lace thong from his finger. "You wouldn't be looking for these would you?" He says with a chuckle and I notice the dimple popping on his left cheek.  My hands come up to my face covering the blush that creeped up on my cheeks.