First End IV

You didn't expect Hathor to visit. You would have freshened up a bit. The poison is slow but nonetheless toxic. You're feeling the effects already. Tired, so tired yet you refuse to sleep.

She smiles like the sun and runs to hug you immediately. "Uncle! I've missed you. I never seem to catch you awake!"

You simply sigh and let her wrap her arms around you. She nuzzles her head into you but in a way so as to not smear her makeup.

"What's wrong? Usually you'd scold me, saying 'ugh, we're not family!'" She does a shit impression of you.

"What do you want, Hathor?" You ask as you pull away from her.

"I can't just visit you? Show you my love~? Maybe comb my hair again?" She pouts as you shake your head.

"Come now, little goddess. I've long stopped combing your hair once you became old enough to do it on your own, you can't possibly come here for no reason."

She stops a for moment and you sense her hesitation, though you're not ready for what she says next.

"Mother wants to see you. Badly. She sent me to retrieve you."

It's like scorpions crawled up your back, their stings pointless to subdue you more than you are already. You continue walking after a moment, ignoring her guffaw before she chases after.

"Sorry but I'm not in the mood to deal with her at the moment."

"But Nuuuuuuun! I don't ever come back to mother empty handed! Do you want anything? Jewels? Cute humans? A lover? I'm sure I can pair you with someone.... Maybe Sekhmet? You've been hanging a lot around her, seems like you can handle her~"

You recognize the teasing but the thought of you and Sekhmet together almost makes you barf out your damn poison.

"Fine. Let's go. I'd rather listen to Ra try to flirt than you." You turn around and grab her hand with a ferocity. Hathor lets out a sound like an 'eep' before the two of you leave to visit the sun god.

She was sitting on her throne, still smiling as if her eyes weren't welded shut. She leans against the armrest, as if simultaneously bored yet amused.

"My darling, you are here~" She purrs, sitting up more as you approach. Hathor bows behind you towards her but you keep your head high.

"I heard from a little cat or two that I am now a Great Grandmother... And you had a prophecy to tell about him. Or did you curse him? My dear, you've become the topic of the century."

"Oh? Did you heard it from one of your daughters? I've got to say, I think your obsession with me is hereditary, Ra." You don't see the way Hathor guffaws behind you. Ra laughs, brightening up.

"Ah, my Nun, always so bold. So wild...."
The air suddenly drops and Ra flicks her wrist. Hathor scurries away but you just steel your gaze onto Ra's as she stares you down, eyes still closed... still smiling...

"Why are you trying to leave me?"

You freeze. She smirks.

"...Who said anything about that?"

"How about the poison coursing through your veins as we speak?"

You turn away from her, hand gripping, clawing into your thigh to maintain your composure. Your mouth opens but before you can retort, Bastet walks in.

"Oh, there you are... I'm sorry Mother but Nut has been asking for Nu...."

Ra smiles at her daughter before looking towards you.

"Go on. I'd love to hear about my next great grandchild..."

As you hurry to walk away, you barely hear her departing words to you.

"My Khemphri..."

The two words drift from your mind as you arrive, this time much more gods are around, assumably awaiting for another prophecy of their newest newborn kin. They stare and gawk as you simply stand there.

Your nerves are at an all time high, the most they've been in centuries. Still, you won't let a crowd keep you down. You raise your head high and walk forward.

"Hello, Honorable Nu."

Geb holds the cursed firstborn as Nut holds the second and greets you. You look down at the new bundled joy and gently touch the babe's cheek. Soft caramel skin, a tuft of jet black hair.

"...Isis?"

Nut looks up at you, seemingly still unfamiliar with your uncanny way of knowing. She nods and offers her child to you. You scoop up this one more gently.

"Isis... Isis will struggle in way a god shouldn't. She'll be stripped down bare and still come out top. She'll make mistakes, grave in a way no one would get. Powerful in her own right yet so weak. Weak for a man who doesn't love her back."  You don't look at her nor Nut as you speak this.

Nut stares at you, with a tension you'd rather not think of. Geb as well stares, the ever so quiet one. With a sigh, you hand her back her daughter and are about to walk away when she grips your wrist.

"Tomorrow please... come earlier."

You simply stare.

"...Alright then, starshine."