The Three Schools

Start from the beginning

"How many of them were there?" he tried and the younger wizard held his head, wishing he didn't have to deal with this right then. "I don't know..I think six or seven. I can't see them. Their magic was powerful..it was..terrible. They held me back. Made me watch them.." the boy's voice grew weak and Dumbledore sighed, realizing he would not be getting what he needed from the savior right then. "Go back to your dorm. Get cleaned up and get some rest. I'll have Madam Pomfrey send down a sleeping draught." he said and Frank looked relieved as he stood on shaky legs.

He pushed past Dumbledore and the old wizard stared after him, eyes narrowed in thought.

Only seven? he thought, staring out the window of his office tower. Seven nameless wizards killed Percy. Were they Death Eaters or..? His mind wondered to a certain raven haired young man and he frowned deeply. Hadrian couldn't have left Hogwarts..and if he did he'd always leave with his Royals, as they were called. And from what he knew there were more than seven of them. There were twelve. But to move twelve wizards would be suspicious. So how did they pull this off?

Dumbledore briefly wondered if old age had finally caught up to him because he finally remembered that you could port out of Hogwarts. So how did they get back in? But even with this revelation, there was no way to prove that it was indeed Hadrian that killed Percy Weasley.

Dumbledore sighed and took his seat, stroking his beard in thought.

He was getting far too old for another war.

~^~

"Is it true?" questioned Daphne as Hadrian looked up from his latest book on dark magic. It was a rare sight to see both the Royals and the Court in the same space for more than a few minutes but there they were, seated around the fireplace, Hadrian at the center as always. "Is what true?" smiled the raven, tilting his head and Daphne gave him a pointed look, though there was no intent behind it. "Did you kill Percy?" she questioned, and now the others had tuned into their conversation, obviously curious themselves.

"Actually, I did not kill Percy. Fred did." said Hadrian with a small shrug and Daphne's eyes widened, Tracey turning to look over at the elder twin. He was holding onto Luna, the girl snuggled into his lap while George played in her hair. They looked very cozy right then. "You killed Percy? Your own brother?" remarked Wayne, a brow raised as Fred rolled his eyes. "Yep. It was easy, I never liked nor loved him as family to begin with and he was worse than mum at times. But of course I had Hadrian's permission first."

"He was an idiot to accept the duel. He had too much faith in Dumbledore." remarked Cedric, his expression one of disgust. "And Dumbledore doesn't care what happens to anyone other than his Golden Boy." said Lisa, stretching out onto the soft carpet and staring deep into the flames of the fireplace. "It's ironic that the Dark treats its followers far better than that of the Light." came Sebastian's voice, his sharp green eyes looking up from a large sheet of parchment. Like the rest of Hadrian's friends, the handsome young wizard had begun to fit in perfectly.

His dark brown hair was styled to perfection and that day he wore a white collared shirt over black trousers and shoes, topping it off with his Slytherin robes. Beside him was Graham Montague, the elder Slytherin wizard discussing something with Adrian Pucey on his other side. "Loyalty and ambition is rewarded in our ranks. Dumbledore does nothing to make the Light seem even remotely favorable. There are no pros to being light." said Draco, leaning forward in his seat to scratch Solaris' ears.

"That's very true. Since joining you, I've gained power and respect, admiration and knowledge I hadn't had before. Even my opportunities for work after school have opened, much broader than before." chimed in Cedric, a smile gracing his lips, to which Lisa and Lee Jordan nodded in agreement. "I've had students come to me for tutoring and all sorts of things. Professors have recommended me jobs I didn't even think about before." grinned Lisa, obviously excited for her possible future, Hadrian humming as he tapped his lithe fingers against the arm of his chair.