recovery and releif

part two to last chapter

gwens pov

y/n fell asleep, i couldn't blame her, her lack of sleep was blatantly obvious. Finney is seriously lucky to have her.

I get up, look at the front door of a house across the street, after close inspection i see my brother, stood, looking like a lost puppy.

I run over to him, holding him tight as officers charge toward us. Finney directed them to the basement before we were escorted to the van where y/n was, sound asleep.

finneys pov

everything was a blur, i walked up to the van, gwen at my side. Y/n was sat with her head against the door, sound asleep. i half smiled at her, "she was not okay." gwen told me as i sat down beside her. "what do you mean?" i asked

"she hasn't eaten or slept in days, she really loves you" gwen replied, i sighed, looking over at y/n
"i really love her too" i muttered.

It started to get dark, news reporters showed up, we were shielded from the bright snaps of the cameras by two officers, y/n suddenly sat up, obviously one of the lights had flashed in her face.

she looked around quickly, her eyes met with mine. She looked at me, i saw in her eyes that she was relieved. She grabbed my cheeks, "are you hurt?!" she asked, examining my face.

i took her hands off my face and held mine tight,
"im fine, darling" i said, she blushed slightly, giving me a quick peck on the lips before bringing me into a tight hug "im so glad your okay" she mumbled into my chest.

That night when i arrived home, y/n decided to sleep over at mine. I took a long warm shower, i examined my bruises in the mirror, i tried not to think about the past few days. it was the past, it's over now. I'm safe.

I returned into my bedroom, y/n was laid on my bed wearing my clothes, snuggled up in the duvet.

I walked over and climbed into bed next to her, we laid looking at each other, "i really did miss you" i said, stroking my thumb across her cheek, she leaned in and kissed me, it was loving and passionate.

i knew it would take time for me to fully heal and recover, but i knew i could push through it, my girl was there, and the relief in her eyes when she saw me, is enough to keep me going forever.

.