the first day we met

i laid in the field next to finn, we watched the sky turn from blue to orange as the sun set. Time stopped, "hey y/n" finn started, i turned my head to look at him as he continued.."do you remember the first day we met" he asked.

"of course i do, i think about it almost everyday" i say, smiling.

i sat in the library, reading, that's what i often did on a saturday afternoon, i didn't have any friends.

finally lifting my head from the pages of my novel i saw two boys studying, one looked more understanding than the other. "okay so finn if your so smart how do you work that out huh" one said, pointing to something on the page.

"uhh idk, i didn't pay much attention that lesson" the other boy said, i recognised him from my physics class, finney blake.

I looked at the cover of the book they were reading 'the ins and outs of flowers', id read that book.

i decided to shoot my shot at some new friends so i walked over, "do you guys need some help, i've read that book and i might know a few things of your interest" i said, the boys looked at each other, almost surprised that i was speaking to them. "that would be nice" finney said, the other just smiled up at me.

i sat down next to my classmate finney and began looking at the page they were reading,
"gypsophilas, cool, they're my favourites" i said,
"so you know a lot about them? im robin by the way", the mystery boy said, "y/n, nice to meet you" i replied.

robins eyes widened as he looked over at finney
"is this the girl you were-" he started, finney had kicked him from under the table, he stopped talking, "my bad" he mumbled.

I ignored them and replied to robins initial question, "yes i do know a lot about them, are you doing a project or something?" i ask. they both nod, after explaining to them the information that they needed we all started to pack up and go home. "hey y/n" finney said, i looked to him "do you wanna walk home with us?" he asked, i smiled, "id love to."

eventually we got to robins house, "bye finn, bye y/n, it was nice meeting you." he said, walking away, "nice meeting you too" i smiled.

me and finn began walking in comfortable silence until he stopped, he leant into the bush and picked something, then handing it to me.

it was a gypsophila, "you said it was your favourite" he said, i looked up and smiled at him. "thank you." i replied

from that moment on, i knew finney blake was the one for me.

.