one - you're so vain

Start from the beginning

Tasha quickly appeared at my side as our favorite part from the movie came up, and we began singing towards Benny, "And all the girls dreamed that they'd be Ben's partner, they'd be Ben's partner." Tasha quickly pulled my away from the bar spinning me around as we yelled the chorus at each other.

"You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you, you're so vain." We giggled, while dancing and singing the rest to the song to each other.

Harry's  POV

I couldn't help but be completely enamored by her since the moment I walked through the bar doors. Her long dirty blond hair in curls down to her back, perfect freckles covered her face, and a smile I swore shined when the light hit it. She seemed so innocent and full of light yet when she addressed me, nothing but sass came from her.

I sipped on my beer watching as her and the other blonde danced around. Her hips moving perfectly to the music, her voice with a beautiful rasp to it as she sang. When the song finished, she made her way over to the bar next to me, leaning on it. I caught a small wiff of her perfume, this caramel scent came off her, so sweet and rich.

"Benny can I get my tips please?" She tapped on the bar smiling at him and he held up his hand giving her a thumbs up.

"You did great out there, quite a performance you put on." I said, wiping my upper lip with my thumb.

She turned to me and smiled a bit, "Thanks. Too bad Benny here has me performing and doesn't even let me collect extra tip." She pouted over at Benny, and for the first time I noticed a small southern twang to her voice.

"Sweet girl, don't be lying! It's no wonder you give your grandparents grey hair," he said bringing over what looked like two jars of tips before turning to me, "Don't let this little trouble maker fool ya. She's got a sweet face on her, but she's a little devil. That whole second jar is tips she gets just from singing and prancing around."

"I beg to differ, I'm an angel and grandma and grandpa had grey hair when I got here." She said sticking her tongue out at him and giggling a bit.

Benny rolled his eyes, and as he was about to walk away, I stopped him, "Anyway you poured another extra beer for the little devil here?" I titled my head towards her. He looked at the blonde then at me, rolling his eyes and walking over to the beer tap, pouring another.

"Just remember, I warned you about this one." He said as he placed the beer in front of her. She turned and looked at me, her hazel eyes narrowing a bit before biting her lip and turning to move onto the stool.

The other blonde came up to the bar grabbing her tips before waving, "See ya at home." The little devil waving back.

I watched as she finished putting her tips away, slipping my hand towards her, "I'm Harry by the way."

She looked at it then back up at me, a small smile playing on her lips, "Oh, I know. Biggest pop star in the world." She took my hand shaking it, raising both her eyebrows softly at me, "I'm Townes."

She let go of my hand turning back to her beer, taking a long sip. She swallowed and licked her lips after, "So what's a pop star like you doing in a small joint like this anyways?"

I chuckled and shrugged, "Everywhere else was too crowded."

"Don't they got little corners they stick you in?" She said playfully, biting her lip.

I chuckled and shook my head, "They do, but then I would have missed your wonderful performance." I said sipping on my beer.

"That's true, and that woulda been a shame." We both chuckled.

"So what's a voice like that, doing working in a place like this?" I said, tracing the rim of my beer glass.

"Well a voice like this needs to get noticed to do big things," she turned to Benny and smiled before turning to me, "Benny notices me, and the people putting money in that tip jar notice me. So, at least someone is paying attention."

She scrunched her nose at me, and I noticed this small glimpse of a light coming from her eyes when she talked about it, "Touché." I said smiling at her.

We both sat in silence as we finished off our beers, and once she was done, she began getting up, "Well, I'm off. Night Benny! See ya tomorrow night." She called out before turning to me as she placed her purse strap on her shoulder, "Thanks for the beer, and, it was nice meeting you, Harry Styles."

I smiled at her, "Nice meeting you too, Townes..."

She chuckled and looked down then back up at me, "Carolina. Carolina Townes." She smiled before walking away, looking back over her shoulder at me, just once, but it was enough to make me want more.