Chapter 2

Getting a hold of John Constantine was easy enough, it was getting him to agree to meet up that was difficult. He seemed very reluctant to the idea of helping Dick find Wally.

But after a lot of pressing, and bribing, John finally agreed to meet Dick.

Dick let John pick their meeting place, which turned out to be a very out of the way bar in the outskirts of Gotham.

When Dick arrived the bar was empty except for John, who was seated at the bar with a glass already in his hand.

Dick adjusted his sunglasses and took a deep breath. This was his last option for finding Wally. If this didn't work, he didn't know what he would do.

"You seem troubled, mate," John said as Dick took a seat next to him.

"My best friend is missing, I think I have the right to look troubled," Dick said with a shrug.

John took a long drink from his glass, finishing off his drink. He waved for the bartender to get him another one.

"You're paying. It's the least you can do for dragging me out here mate," John told Dick.

"So can you find him?" Dick asked, cutting to the chase. He wasn't exactly eager to have to wait any longer than he had to.

"Oh Christ mate, at least have a drink first. You're asking a whole lot from me with this spell." John gave the bartender a nod of thanks as he handed John another glass. "You like whiskey?"

Dick shook his head and tried not to frown. He could see why Batman considered John a nuisance. Dick had not come here to share drinks, he'd come to get his best friend back.

John nodded and took a gulp of his drink.

"You seem like a wine man, most rich pricks are." John smirked as he said this, implying he was making a joke, but Dick only found this more annoying.

"Hilarious. I asked to meet so you could help me, not so we could talk." Dick was so close to finding Wally, he didn't have time for this.

"Who pissed in your cereal? I agreed to meet so I could get a few drinks without paying for 'em. You still have to convince me as to why I should help you." John leaned back in his seat and gave Dick a cocky smile. "So convince me mate."

Dick growled under his breath. Was John being serious? It had taken Dick so much effort to just get John here, and now he wanted more? What was with this guy?

"Fine. Wally's been missing for a year. I know I'm close to finding him, but I need your help to locate exactly where he is." Dick looked at John, trying to read him.

Dick was frustrated to find he couldn't tell what John was thinking. His face didn't seem to change as Dick spoke, almost to the point Dick worried John might not be listening to him.

John finished his second drink and leaned into the bar.

"Right, let me clarify a bit more, mate; why should I help you? This doesn't seem to have anything to do with my regular work. Unless your friend's been taken by a demon, I don't see why I should get involved here."

"You're the only one that can help me," Dick hissed, growing more and more frustrated.

"Again mate, I'm not seeing why that means I have to help." John shrugged and waved at the bartender, this time asking for two more drinks.

"I can pay you, name any price you want, I'll make it happen." Dick was willing to offer him anything if it meant John would help.

"Mate you paid me to just be here, I don't want more money."