"It's not stupid," he protested.

"You can't just get rid of me when times get hard. That's not how a relationship works," I clarified.

"I'm sorry, but it is for the best."

If he would have proposed this outrageous proposal to me just a month ago, I may have agreed, considering how vulnerable I was. Yet now, I am aware of how horribly I have been treated. I have been set aside, ignored, and forgotten.

And I am tired of it.

"No," I demanded, "that's absurd! I'm no doing it. It's now or never."

"I'm not absurd! You're just hard-headed."

Now Harry stood up too and I glared at him darkly. I was bound to release a fit of anger that I was going to regret much later. I may have thought for a moment that I was going insane.

"You know what is actually hard-headed?" I inquired, my voice bitter with fury. "Lying to me about something stupid."

My voice was shaking with uncontrollable rage, and it was reflecting onto Harry. I noticed the exact moment when his temper began to rise.

"I have no idea what you are talking about. You're being delusional," retorted Harry.

"Don't you dare gaslight me! I know you started that fight with Malfoy back in January. I may be a lovesick teenager, but I'm not a dumb one."

"So what if I did? Why does it matter?"

His tone rose just a bit. If this argument continued, I would be screamed at in the end.

I would take my chances.

"It does not matter, but what does matter is you lying about it. What are you hiding?"

"Nothing! I'm hiding nothing!"

"You're lying again!" I proclaimed.

"You can believe what you want, but if you are not going to accept my proposal, then I suppose we have no other choice!"

His voice was submerged in rage, and the volume from which he spoke was deafening. I turned away swiftly towards the open window, letting the cool breeze dry the tears in my eyes. I attempted to slow my breathing.

This was it.

This was how it would all end.

"I'm breaking up with you," I stated, still with my back facing towards Harry. I could not look him in the eyes. I did not want to say it. I did not desire any of this.

"It's your choice," he commented, his tone low and heavy with indignation, "not mine."

"Well, clearly you want nothing to do with me, hence why I'm practically doing you a favor," I replied coldly, returning back to the sofa to gather my belongings back into my backpack.

"What? I never said that! I just said we could stay friends until we are ready to date."

"Just accept the fact that you fell out of love and quit lying," I lashed out at him out of resentment.

The room fell silent. The signs were obvious, and I had been blind to it all. I just figured it out right then.

Harry was no longer in love or interested in me.

He also never denied it, which meant I was right.

I pulled my backpack on my back, ready to leave.

"Well, I guess we are no longer dating," he snickered as if this were all some kind of joke to him.

"Seriously? We just broke up and it is just a joke to you?"

"Calm down! I was just trying to brighten the mood."

I rolled my eyes and walked a little way from Harry.

"Fine then," he retorted.

I stopped in my trail and turned around once more.

"And by the way," I admitted, "I was not the only one listening to the conversation."

Out from behind a bookshelf came Kasper. Earlier, he had whispered in my ear asking if he needed to stay. I had agreed by nodding my head.

"Of course!" Harry threw his arms up in the air out of irritation. "Have anything to say, Norman?"

I was about to shoot back an insult or possibly even a spell, but Kasper presumed to have had a response of his own.

"I do," replied Kasper, "but it's not very nice."

Harry gave no answer, but instead departed from our midst. Kasper and I made our exit shortly after.