"Well, from what I see-" Harry sat down on the couch, leaving a good bit of space between us. "-we just have not been getting along lately."

I continued to listen closely to see where he was going with this.

Harry continued. "We also don't talk as much anymore."

He is actually aware of our communication problems. Maybe he will offer to talk to me more in order to fix it! Things are looking up already.

"You're right," I remarked, "I have been wanting to discuss this problem with you too."

"I'm glad you have noticed it too." he replied. "Therefore, I've been thinking that perhaps we are not ready for a relationship."

My heart dropped and I felt my stomach twist. This was certainly not happening the way I had planned in my mind. I expected a different approach. I expected him to take accountability for his actions. I expected him to apologize.

I took a deep breath.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, my chest beginning to tighten.

I folded my hands in my lap to hide the fact that my hands were shaking.

"I just do not like dating at my age. It's so stressful. I say that we simply stay friends for the time being. Then, when we are older, we can date again. That way, things will be easier."

My head began to spin. I went into such a great state of shock that for a moment, the reality in front of me seemed to be a blur. I appeared to have forgotten who I was for only a short second.

My heart thundered in my chest.

This could not be happening.

"Forgive me, Harry, but what makes you assume that things will be easier when we are older. Surely things will only be harder."

"Just trust me, Holly," he pleaded. "It is just hard dating at this age."

I did not understand at all from where Harry was coming from. His proposal was incredibly random and unfitting. It also seemed unreasonable.

"If you don't enjoy dating at your age, then why did you ask me to be your girlfriend in the first place?"

His idea was beyond ridiculous, yet I refrained from voicing my opinion. I tried to see how this would solve our lack of communication problems, but from what I can observe, his "solution" will only just make matters worse.

Harry opened up his mouth to reply, but I wish now that he had not. "I wasn't thinking clearly."

I wasn't thinking clearly.

You mean you were not thinking clearly when you kissed me in the Astronomy Tower? You mean you were not thinking clearly when we would spend hours together in the Room of Requirements? You mean you were not thinking clearly when you made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world?

Instantly, it was as if a match was struck, igniting a fire within me. Such a poor choice of words. Such a lame excuse. If you were never thinking clearly, then what did I ever mean to you?

"You were not thinking clearly when you asked me out?" I asked, rage beginning to reveal itself through my speech.

I shot up from the couch, too heated to sit on the same sofa as Harry.

"No," he answered.

No sorry. No apology. No effort.

Nothing.

"Harry, no offense, but that's the stupidest idea I have ever heard."

He gazed at me confused and slightly offended.