A Dance in the Rain.

A Dance in the Rain-Prologue

_______________________________________________________________________________

My eyes fluttered across the table of gentlemen in front of me; all men of the court. Numerous Dukes of the various England towns were sitted proudly, as other Counts and Cardinals. I glared at all them with hatred, even the King. I stood awkwardly before them as they continued to stare back oblivious to my obvious fury.

Then the King's bold, but tender voice broke, "You may speak on behalf of yourself, Rose Seymour, and your family."

The king's voice erupting out of his small, but cherry stained lips soothed me, and I forced my voice to be heard.

"My Lord, you have killed my family for reasons I do not believe are accurate. Your men and the court believe my family had something to do with the Boleyn family treason. Yes, my family was quite aqquainted with the Boleyn family, but to act against the court together would be an atrocity. However, I am too late for my father, my mother, my brother, and my older sister. The court has informed me that you spare me because I am the youngest and therefore have never actually be introduced to either of the Boleyn siblings. Your Magesty, I have no family...I am mourning for the loss of the ones closest to my heart. They we're murdered, and I am left with nothing. I came to you today, with all of your men by your side, to ask to be joined with my family voluntarily into the gates of Heaven."

I said the words in a quick, harsh blur. Trying to force the King to pay attention, and maybe insulting him enough that he would be so angered, he would have no choice but to behead such a foul mouthed peasant such as myself.

King Henry was paying attention for certain, his green eyes looking beyond mine; seeming like they were ripping into my very body into the depths of the sorrow lurking in my soul. His red hair blasted like fire from the sun shining through the window so much that it looked blond. The King's body had experienced a serious change in weight since the death of his previous wife, Anne Boleyn. The once, portly overweight his body had  was now a lanky and slim and you could actually see the bone structure in his face. The King was quite handsome, though, he murdered my family.

Henry noticed me observing his physical appearance and he squirmed uncomfortably. He then responded to my request.

"Rose Seymour, you are asking me to murder you. I should have you killed just for speaking so harshly to me-"

I stupidily interrupted him, "Then do so, My Lord. Kill me."

The King's eyes widened. He raised his voice, "I will do no such thing, Lady Seymour! You have come to my court, insulted me, asked me to kill you, and I will do no such thing. You are to live in Court like any other young lady. And you will enjoy it! You family committed treason, as they confessed to the charges before they were beheaded. May God have mercy on their soul. May God have mercy on your soul." Henry then beat his hands on the wooden table and glared at me.

 My head bowed to look at the deep blue of my silk dress. Deep in my mind, I knew I had pushed my luck to far with the King. Therefore, I did not push any further. I just asked one more question.

"My King, where will I live? Without my family, I have no home..." My voice was filled with woe, and I looked up for my dress to look at all the other dukes, counts and cardinals.

Henry VIII's face softened and a smirk appeared slowly and slyly on his face.

"Well, my dear, Rose Seymour. I hear you are quite talented at singing. So, now that you yourself have to work to make an income in the court. You will sing at dinner for all the townspeople, and me. You will live here, two rooms away from mine and you will share a room with some of the other fine young ladies in the court."

There was no use arguing. I just curtsied and bowed my head to the King.

"As you wish, My Lord."

The King nodded and ordered the guards to walk me to my room.

Tomorrow I would begin my life at Court, under the watchful eye of the King, and living as a commoner. Damn those Boleyns.

______________________________________________________________________________

Vote! Comment! Share! <3