Chapter 8

Enjoy!

Y/n

A few nights later, Ron and I were out in the common room and he was asleep on my lap as I read a book Mione had recommended me. I turned the page with one hand, as the other was preoccupied with my fingers intertwined in Ron's hair and lightly scratching his head soothingly.  The quiet ambient sound of the fire crackling and my pages turning was soon disrupted by the group of people rushing downstairs and trying to get to the exit quickly for whatever reason. I lift my head over to see what the commotion is but I didn't catch anything they were saying, so I shrugged it off and decided it wasn't important.

That is until Hermione came rushing down the stairs and over to me, talking nonsense I couldn't understand. "Wait wait, slow down Mione, what's going on?" I slid my book to the table in front of me with my hands up in an attempt to calm her.

"Wake him up, Y/n, there's a giant skull in the sky above the astronomy tower and everyone's saying someone fell out of it!" She exclaims, gesturing at the sleeping ginger in my lap then running a hand over her hair nervously. "What?!" I look at her in disbelief, but quickly snap myself out of it. I rub my hand over Ron's arm, then up and down his back while calling his name. It takes a bit to wake him -he is definitely the heaviest sleeper I know- but he squints as he wakes up, looking up at me, then looking at the frazzled Hermione in front of us, "Huh? Why'd ya look scared, Hermione?"

She explains again, with a bit more detail this time, saying that people think it was Dumbledore that had fallen. With that, we're off. I grab Ron's hand and pull him along quickly as Hermione leads the way. Ron's still drowsy, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as we swiftly made our way the courtyard. Once we get there, it's real. Dumbledore was dead. Lying dead on the floor right in front of us. I felt my eyes prick with tears and Ron tugs on my hand to move over to him. He wraps his arm around me and I try to swallow the lump that's formed in my throat. I bury my face in his chest, hoping Hermione's okay too. I hear footsteps coming towards us and I separate from Ron to see who it is.

Harry.

My eyebrows weave with worry as Harry makes his way through the people, walking up to Dumbledore and kneeling next to him. I wipe my eyes with my sleeve and Hermione goes to him, hugging him tightly. I see something in his hand while he hugs her but its too dark, I can't see it. From behind Ron, I see Madam Pomphrey raise her wand with a light at the end. Ron and I turn once we saw her and Luna raise their hands, following suit and raising our wands. Slowly, everyone raises their wands and in the clouds, the skull fades away.

***

All four of us are up at the astronomy tower in the morning, listening to Harry retell everything that had happened last night with Dumbledore, Draco, Snape and the Death Eaters. Harry and Hermione stood on the balcony, facing out to the Lake. "Do you think he would've done it? Draco, I mean." Hermione asked cautiously, looking at Harry for an answer. Shaking his head, he responded, "No. No, he was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape," he lets out a small sigh before continuing, "And I did nothing."

Ron puts his hand on my knee, snapping me out of my trance from looking over at the two of them. Harry hands Hermione the presumed Horcrux before telling us it's fake. "Open it." He tells her, she does so, pulling out a slip of paper and reading it out loud, "'To the Dark Lord, I know I will be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B.'"

She repeats this person's initals again and Harry shrugs, "I dunno. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means it was all a waste. All of it." Mione looks down, then puts her hand on his on the railing. He turns his wrist to hold her hand and I smile a bit.

"You know, I'm not coming back, Hermione. I've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. I don't know where that'll lead me, but I'll let you, Y/n, and Ron know where I am when I can." Harry looks over at Hermione as she stares off at the Lake in front of us. She looks at their hands, then speaks, "I've always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you can be really thick," She smiles over at him, "You dont really think you're going to be able to find all these Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Harry." Theres a small bit of silence and Ron moves up a step, sitting right next to me now. I wrap my arm around his and Hermione and I lean our heads on the boy's shoulders.

"Inever realized how beautiful this place was," Harry looks up as a bird caws above us. Flying through the astronomy tower, Fawkes the Phoenix catches all of our attentions. We all stand, and walk to the opposite side of the tower, staring off at the bird, deep in silence as the weight of what will come is upon us.

and that is officially a wrap for this book! Im so glad I finished it, I will definitely have the next one up and ready for a fresh start. I really hope you guys like how this has turned out so far, but I may or may not reread this whole thing myself in order to edit or correct any plot mistakes I might have made. I do really hope you guys liked it! let me know if theres any mistakes in the comments and I will attempt to fix them!

Word Count: 1049

🎉 You've finished reading The Red Head Who Stole My Heart ~•Ron Weasley x Reader•~ (Book 6; Year 6) 🎉