Chapter 6

Enjoy!

Y/n

Harry had invited me to Slughorn's Christmas Party, in my opinion, out of pity due to the fact that Ron and I were supposed to hang out that night. Clearly not an option anymore. We met up in the Common Room and I was dressed in a slimming, off the shoulder, dusty pink dress with black ankle strap shoes and a small ruby necklace to accent the red bracelet made for me when I was 13. 

The two of us walked side by side and as we approached the Christmas Party, I put my hand on Harry's arm, "Thank you, Harry. Really, I was probably just going to sit on my bed and die of boredom if you hadn't invited me." He laughs a little and says, " Of course, I wouldn't do that to you. You don't deserve it." 

While in the party, I mostly wandered, watching Hermione and Harry mingle a lot of the time, so I stuck by Neville as he was handing out drinks nervously. 

As Neville refills his tray, theres a big commotion at the door, Filch drags in the rat that is Draco Malfoy, saying that he was lurking upstairs claiming to have been invited to Slughorn's party. Of course the sneaky bastard lied and Snape goes to escort him out. 

I roll my eyes and mutter to Neville, "I can't believe the amount of nerve he has, it's ridiculous." He nods along and we continue to wander around the party, mostly bored.

***

On the train to go home for the Holidays, Hermione and I pass by the compartment containing Ron and Harry, originally going to say hi to them. I look through the window and my shoulders drop as I see a foggy "R+L" in a heart on the door drawn with, obviously, Lavender's finger. 

We finally reached 12 Grimmauld Place after a pleasant train ride with Luna and Neville and I could not be more pleased. I finally get to see the twins and hang out with them over the holiday in order to semi-distract myself from everything that happened with Ron. I'm seated at the table while the twins continue to present new products that may or may not be used, Harry talking with Lupin, Tonks, and Mr Weasley about what he had heard the night of Slughorn's Christmas Party.

According to him, Harry heard Snape telling Malfoy that he needed help with something and that he made some Unbreakable Vow to protect him, I suppose.

"Hey Y/n." Fred slips into a chair beside me once him and George are finished packing up their inventions. "Hey Fred." I lean my head against my hand and look at him.

"Do you mind if we ask you something?" George asks from behind me, sitting in the other chair opposite from me. I turn and look at him, sitting up, "Of course, ask away." 

"What's with the awkward air between you and Ron?" They ask in unison, both giving me the same look. "Okay, hold on, I don't want to keep looking between the two of you. It's going to give me whiplash." I laugh a bit and move my chair back so I have both of them in my vision, "What is it you're asking me?"

"Well, we want to know why you're spending all your time with us instead of being with Ickle Ronniekins?" Fred clasps his hands together and bats his eyes in a playful manner, George chuckling at his antics. I smile, then look to my hands, fiddling with my bracelet.

"Hey hey, don't go all quiet now." George taps the top of my head with his finger gently and I look up at him, shrugging, "It didn't go as I thought it would, really. He's with this other girl, Lavender Brown."

The two of them laugh a little to themselves and I look between them, confused. 

"Y/n, thats really funny, thank you for the laughs, but now for real why is it that you're so separate?" George says, still with a smile on his face. My shoulders drop and I look at them more serious, "I'm telling you the truth."