Keeping my Promise

Start from the beginning

I sigh, "Fine. So where is he/she?"

Em points to the far left, "The one in the navy suit with blond hair and brown eyes...His name is Theo and he is the prince of our neighboring planet Seras."

Huffing, I weave my way through the crowd, taking note of the way Theo's eyes land on me after a moment, his gaze almost predatory as he looks me over. "Well, you must be Percy. I've heard only good things,"

"That's quite awkward...I have yet to hear anything about you' " I remark dryly, holding out a hand for him to shake only for him to grab it and press a gentle kiss to it.

"Cute. I like the whole...feisty attitude." My eyebrows raise significantly, Did he just call me "feisty"? "Besides, how can you not have heard about me? I'm the oldest prince of Seras!"

I purse my lips, "Really? First person to ever say that. And since I have never heard your name before this moment, clearly you're not as renowned as you think you are."

Theo frowns, smile dipping, before he offers me his hand, "Care for a dance?"

"It'll make my friend happy so sure."

"Playing hard to get I see...Or maybe you're just a bit of a brat."

I shrug, offering him a roguish smirk as I take his hand and let him lead me onto the dance floor.

"So tell me, why is it that my friend has tried to set the two of us up?"

"You mean other than the fact that we're both single, attractive, and important?" Theo questions, placing a hand on my waist as he grabs my other.

"Yes, other than that," I huff, rolling my eyes.

Theo begins leading me around the dance floor, confusion spreading across his features. "What else could be important?"

"Personality?" I say slowly, my view fading in and out as Theo spins me.

My dancing partner shrugs, regaining his composure. "What does it matter if we actually like each other or not? You're hot, I'm hot, we're both important and wealthy..."

I scoff, making a move to pull away, only for Theo to yank me in for a spin before dipping me as the song comes to an end.

My eyes narrow dangerously and I straighten quickly, smoothing my suit jacket. "Listen, as fun as this hasn't been, you kinda seem like a dick so-"

"Okay, hold on, wait!" I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms, only to grunt as Theo grabs my hand and pulls me out of the ballroom into an empty hallway.

"Alright, try and save yourself before I leave," I say impatiently, leaning my shoulder against the wall.

Theo stares at me for a moment, taking a step closer. "What do I need to explain?"

My brows furrow and I turn my back to the wall, confused. "Isn't that what you dragged me out here to do? I called you a dick and now you want to try and explain why you're acting the way you are."

Theo snorts, taking another step towards me so the toes of our shoes are nearly touching as he braces a hand on the wall next to my head.

Theo leans down a bit so that we're eye to eye as he says slowly, "I have nothing to explain. I'm just trying to show you why we'd make a good couple. It's you who should be explaining themselves."

"Me?"

"Yeah, you. I just mean, you're the one who's playing hard to get. Although you probably think it's fun, right? Acting like some spoiled little brat who only gives people the time of day when they feel like it?"