Chapter 102

Theodore immediately visited Katarina.

After being questioned overnight in prison, Katarina collapsed with a grotesque scream.

Theodore had attached a person to treat her, because she was not yet supposed to die.

When he opened the door, Katarina, who was sitting on the prison bed, saw Theodore entering and trembled.

Theodore strode and grabbed Katarina by the collar.

"What you made suddenly exploded and a person was injured."

Then he asked in a frightening voice.

"What were you going to do with it?"

He was glad it exploded in the palace, if the same thing had happened when he was with the children.......

The hair all over his body stood up as a chill ran down his spine.

Just the thought of it was terrible.

"Oh, no. I don't– I don't–...."

"Answer me right now!"

"Huh, it's designed to respond to black magic......."

"Black magic?"

Theodore frowned at the unexpected word.

'Was there any presence of dark magic in that place a while ago? Around me?'

The only people there were me, Ernst, and the knights who had been following him for a long time.

Although Theodore himself was told a joke that black hair was a phenomenon of ancient darkness since he was young.......

"Wait."

Theodore paused and stiffened his expression.

Suddenly, he was reminded of the magic pattern on Odelia's finger that he saw in Chernicia's mansion.

Fortunately, nothing happened to the children, but.......

'Maybe the children really were in danger.'

As soon as he thought of that, a cold sweat flowed down his forehead.

"Why did you make it like that?"

The voice questioning Katarina was fierce.

"You, if you don't answer......."

However, despite the cool threat, Katarina only closed her eyes with her whole body stiffened.

"......."

"......."

There was a brief silence.

Theodore could tell intuitively.

There was a ban on Katarina for not being able to speak about the scarecrow and reveal anything related to it.

That, too, must be done by a very powerful person who didn't hesitate to do anything.

There was a sudden panic in his heart.

* * *

After Theodore went back to the castle from crying buckets of tears and making a fuss in front of me, I reflected on the conversation I had with him one by one whenever I had time.

It was all a lie. I made a deal with her to find you.

And her pregnancy, it's a lie that I had to make up to infiltrate Ferdinand.

He said everything that hurt me was a lie.

He said that everything I saw was false in the time when I had to endure and despair.