56

****

After Erwin, Odelia, and Laura all went to sleep, the room where I was awake alone was very uncomfortable.

It was late, but I couldn't sleep, so I went out.

As I went down the stairs to drink some warm milk, I saw people gathered in the lobby on the first floor. (*They are currently staying at a hotel.)

"Oh, it's the witch!"

"Where? Where?"

"Oh, witch!"

People who found me flocked here.

"Witch! I saw you in the square today!"

"You defeated the monster that five or six knights can barely deal with...!"

"Please protect Arbela from monsters!"

"Witch of Arbella!"

It was a little ridiculous to listen to the chatter.

"You say I'm a witch? Do you think a witch would do such a good thing?"

When I asked in a hoarse voice, people all became silent at once, and then they looked at each other and shouted at me.

"But the witch saved us today!"

"When did I?"

"You don't have to be shy, witch. We've all seen it."

"What did you see..."

"The wonderful appearance of slicing the monster with a single strike...."

"It's not me...... ."

"If it wasn't for the witch, there would be a lot of damage."

"...."

In particular, there was no grand intention of protecting people. I just moved to save Erwin and Odelia. But people did not accept any objection I made.

Suddenly, I was at a loss for words.

"The witch is the guardian of Arbella!"

"She's more reliable than the knights!"

People clenched their fists and their eyes lit up.

It was like watching Erwin and Odelia talking about the squirrel warrior Jericho.

"Please accept our presents, witch."

People brought me flowers, baskets of bread, etc.

Although I had to accept it, I would never say that I became a hero who protected Arbella as they said.

Above all, it was not good to know that there was a woman in Arbella who used magic.

As I heard rumors of Theodore from time to time all the way to this country, so Theo might know about me if that happened.

I should live quietly for Erwin and Odelia's sake.

"I don't plan on protecting Arbella or anything like that. When the sun comes up tomorrow, I'll go back to the mansion on the lake."

I spoke with a firm voice to the people.

"I have two kids and I'm busy just taking care of them."

Then people looked at me with eyes full of regret.

But when I told them that I was raising two three-year-olds by myself, they didn't hold me back.

The moment I was about to turn away, ignoring the gazes that followed me.