19

***

"Leaving?"

"Only Sir Yves has ever held that position this long."

"Don't worry, I have no intention of leaving His Majesty's side."

"Ha, that's..."
Armin sighed deeply and explained.

"His Majesty asked me to find a new escort."

"A new escort?"

"If His Majesty made up his mind to kick out Sir Yves, I'm sure he'll be very grumpy and bad-tempered."

Theo is trying to kick me out and have someone else next to him? Theo I knew would never have done it. First, it seemed like I had to check to see if he was really my Theo.

***

The next morning.

After a brief sick leave, I went back to work in Theodore's office.

The fever hadn't completely gone down yet, but it wasn't too bad that I couldn't work.

But as soon as I took one step into his office, a sharp voice rang out.

"What is that?"

The question was directed to his aide Armin, but his ferocious eyes were glaring at me.

"Didn't you hear what I said yesterday?"

"Oh, of course I did. However, it is difficult to find a new escort. The existing knights are all afraid to be Your Majesty's escort...."

"..."

At that, Theodore looked displeased.

"As soon as possible, find a new escort."

He spoke coldly and turned his attention to me.

'He really doesn't recognize me.'

The doubts in my heart grew bigger and bigger with the appearance that had not changed from yesterday.

Glancing at him, I found a lukewarm teapot on the table. Theodore didn't give me a single glance, just staring intently at the papers on his desk. Now was the chance.

I sneaked up to him, holding a kettle of still lukewarm tea. Then I pretended to pour the tea into his empty teacup on the desk, and twisted my hand and spilled it.

"Ahhh......!"

With an awkward scream, and the tea soaked his shirt.

"..."

"...."

Armin and his attendants in the office looked at me with a surprised expression with eyes wide open, and a brief silence lingered in the room.

drip, drip.

There was a particularly loud sound of tea water dripping from the kettle to the floor.

"Now you're crossing the line..."

A grim murmur emerged from Theodore's gritted teeth, who had become like drowning mice.

"What are you doing?"

A terrifying gaze turned to me. But I also had excuses.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. My hand slipped."

"Why are you touching my teacup?"

"Because it's my duty to be in charge of Your Majesty's refreshments."