୨21୧ again again

Maybe I was imagining things but the sky looks so gorgeous this afternoon

It was a stunning shade of blue with sprinkles of gold. It was really early for sunset, yet the sky didn't care much. I sat on a bench in front of the local coffee shop, the scent of lingering coffee grounds floating through the air and wafting in my nose. It was alluring. The mixture of smell and my surroundings calmed me a bit.

The nerves I felt while waiting for Oliver to show up would rise every time someone passed me by; I always half expected it to be Oliver.

He was running a bit late but I kept my head up. Langa told me to remain confident and honest despite being so nervous. It's about faking it to make it easier for the other person. I don't know how Langa knew this but it honestly helped a little. Maybe he really should have a Ted Talk.

I nervously tugged at my hoodie; I dressed lowkey for this specific occasion because it only seemed fitting. I wore a basic grey hoodie, a beanie, and joggers. The cold weather had no effect on me.

"Hey," A familiar, soft voice said from my right. I turned and there sat Oliver a flannel. He had a look of somberness on his face that I couldn't quite place. He smiled before leaning back on the bench, putting his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Hey," I just sat there for a minute, "You're a little late."

"Yeah, sorry bout that," He chuckled dryly, "I had to run a few errands first."

"It's fine," Another awkward moment of silence consumed us.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

I turned to the boy, finally looking him in the eyes before flickering back forward. I watched a woman and her dog walk by, happily trotting beneath the dim sun that cascaded down upon us like a pale morning sunlight. A man walked beside her as they talked with straight faces, a glint of anger flashed in the mans eyes before the woman sped up and hurried forward.

I watched diligently.

"Y/n?"

"Sorry, yeah," I broke away from the couple as they hurried off across the street, "I wanted to say this in person. It felt wrong to say over the phone." I sat up in the seat and tugged at the beanie on my forehead.

"Okay..."

"I think we should see other people," I uttered with an icky feeling inside my chest. I've never broken up with someone before and I've come to realize it is a terrible feeling. A terrible, disheartening, awful feeling.

"Oh."

I stared up at the boy, "Yeah."

"Okay." He got up, gave me a nod and walked off hurriedly.

"Oh."