12 - Irony Everywhere

Beginne am Anfang

You came to the realization that if anyone could see the way you two interacted, they'd likely mistake you as a couple. The thought made you embarrassed and even a little uneasy.

Being the one receiving affection from Todoroki was strangely not as comfortable as being the one giving it. Not that you were against it, but because, well...

You weren't blind. Todoroki was insanely attractive: the set of unevenly colored eyes, the similar unique factor applying to his hair, his sharp jawline, his broad shoulders, his confident and domineering stance. The charm didn't end in the looks either. He was so kind and constantly watching out for you, putting up with your dumb activities as long as you enjoyed yourself.

It made you a little scared some old feelings would come back.

You shook your head. You'd promised Todoroki a friendship only and it'd be unfair of you to change your intentions halfway through.

"(Last Name)?", Todoroki brought you out your thoughts. You would've jumped if it weren't for his hold on you. Acknowledging your position made you the tiniest bit nervous now after the small train of thoughts you had.

"Sorry", you laughed sheepishly,"I'm not hungry anymore but I guess the low hours of sleep are still getting to me."

It technically wasn't a lie at all.

Todoroki's eyes widened,"That's right. You didn't get much sleep."

You recognized that look on him; it almost made you burst out into laughter from how sure you were about what to expect next. He was becoming so predictable.

You smiled when Tododoki gently let go of you and grabbed your hand to lead you to the direction of your room, trying not to focus on how his hand completely engulfed yours or his thumb rubbing circles around your knuckles, mainly because you were unsure whether he was doing it consciously or not.

A grin made its way to your face,"Let me guess, you're taking me to my room so I can sleep?"

Todoroki side eyed you with an expression too relaxed for what you heard next,"No. I'm taking you to mine."

"To y-?!"

Your jaw was on the floor. You knew he was starting to become comfortable in your friendship, but was it just you, or was it starting to escalate into a point where he was the one more comfortable in it?

You tried to stammer out some protests that mainly consisted of the fact that your bedroom was right in front of his but Todoroki didn't seem interested in listening to any of them. At one point you simply took a deep breath, the blush on your cheeks not leaving you yet but coming to terms with Todoroki not budging. Eventually you made it to the familiar set of doors.

You wondered, if you went back in time and told yourself the day of the arcades that Todoroki would be making you sleep in his bed, how bad would the past you laugh?

"No way...", you let out a mix of a laugh and a gasp as you stepped into his room. It looked exactly like how he'd arranged his room at the UA dorms. Not that you'd ever been in that one but you'd seen it while everyone showed off their rooms and the nostalgia made your nervousness die down a little.

Of course, it didn't last long. If you recalled correctly, Todoroki had offered you his bed to sleep on, so why were you watching as he got into the bed himself?

You stuttered out,"U-Uh, excuse me?"

Todoroki patted beside him the way you did often whenever inviting him to sit with him. It made you nervous. You typically did that to rest against him which wasn't a big deal to you when it was somewhere public, but this was as private as it got. You were also usually the one with the initiative for it, not him.