ZERO. Stxong 'Evenge

Eywa was the Great Mother. She was everywhere all at once. In the earth, in the air, in the water, and every living being of Pandora. She was fueling everything, guiding everyone. But sometimes, some people were more prone to hear her. Some people had been gifted by the Great Mother.

The sunlight was reflecting, flickering on the clear water of Awa'atlu where the children leisured around by riding Ilu while teenagers enjoyed a good underwater exploration. Back and forth, the immaculate tides came and went on the light, thin shimmering sand of the reef. The soothing water caressed Rewonay's bare feet as she filled her lungs with the pure air of the sea. Eyes closed, she listened closely to the splash of water and the laughter of the children far away. Her ears slightly twitched at the sound of the clashing spears and arrows fending through the air as the warriors trained nearby.

Though in opposition to this natural joy lingering in the village, Rewonay's turquoise body was tense with a frown flawing her visage. Calming her mind and shutting the outside world, she sealed herself in her own spiritual world. Feeling the elements surrounding her being, sensing life in abundance, she searches for the Great Mother. She searched for a sign, a confirmation that what she had seen was nothing but a product of her dysfunctioning mind. She hoped for a sign that would affirm what all the villagers of Awa'atlu said about her. Stxong 'Evenge, the Strange Girl. She looked for a sign for Eywa, a sign that would authenticate that she was indeed imagining and not seeing.

Yet again, like the many previous days, she saw it. This new bright shining star in the dark sky of the night. It was just in her mind, but still, it was so clear. So real. But it meant only one thing.

"Ma tsmuke (sister),"

Rewonay opened her eyes. Turning around, she noticed her younger sister standing a few feet away from her. Tsireya was looking at her strangely, curious to know what her sister was doing standing in the water all by herself.

"Dinner is ready, mom's asking you to come back,"

Without a word, Rewonay obliged. The warm sand sank a bit under her weight as she walked alongside her sister. In silence, they paced. But the Rewonay could feel the inquisitive stare of Tsireya. The younger girl was fairly easy to read. She found no shame nor discomfort in openly expressing her feelings which was a thing both respected and appreciated in the village.

"Speak your mind, Reya," Rewonay encouraged.

A light blush of embarrassment colored the younger child's cheeks. She felt quite bashful to have been caught red handed but it was also not very surprising. Rewonay had a great understanding of the people around her, especially when it came to her siblings. Tsireya had tried once to lie to her only to have Rewonay see through it at once.

"Were you looking for a vision?" Tsireya asked. Rewonay spoke no word though it was enough of an answer for her sister. "Mom doesn't like it when you seek visions,"

"I know,"

Tsireya said nothing for a moment. She only walked in silence beside Rewonay, glancing back and forth to her sister. She had always been curious regarding the vision the eldest child had. She found it utterly fascinating and incredible. But she was also well aware that this sentiment was not shared by everyone. Especially by their mother, the Tsahik, Ronal. The ability Rewonay was born with was not seen as a gift given by the Great Mother, but more like a sign her mind was not working like any other. She was seeing things people could not see. Her mind was playing her tricks. She could never be a great Tsahik. So the role was passed down to Tsireya, despite the fact she had no desire to take on such an occupation.

Still, this was not the main reason why Rewonay attracted the peculiar stare of her peers. When death would occur, she would already be aware of it before it happens. This frightened some and led them to think that, maybe, Rewonay was the cause of it. A child who had lost the benediction of Eywa.