Punish the innocent

6 months later

It had been 6 months for Namjoon and Seokjin's wedding. In the last 6 months nothing much had changed. Namjoon was still stuck with his duties, Seokjin was helping his mate as much he could with the kingdom and also doing his duties. Yoongi, Hoseok were still the same, Kook was now an official soldier of Onephilius, passing all the tests to join the skilled group of alphas.

Jimin and Tae were busy with their studies, almost about to end their courses. Hang Do had grown bitter with everyone, hating the guts of his true blood son to go against him. He never spoke to Namjoon unless it was the latter who initiated the talk. Namjoon knew his father was being unreasonable but he didn't mind him, which infuriated the old man even more.

Chaesoo tried to talk to Hang Do about the omega woman got yelled at. After that, the omega didn't talk to her husband regarding his son anynore. Tae had always kept his distance from his own father, who never spared a glance to him. Namjoon tried his best to make his father realise that he was wrong but Hang Do never accepted it, anchoring unwanted feelings for the mates.

Today, it was just another normal day in Onephilius, like usual Namjoon was in the court room doing his work, accompanied by his father and other ministers, who were giving him the updates about the kingdom and stuff. Seokjin was with Chaesoo, while the trio group of alphas were in the training ground, doing their job. The best friends pair were in their classes.

While Namjoon and the other ministers were having a calm discussion, suddenly a minister spoke up, "There was an omega found dead yesterday, near the mountains" the beta minister said, sounding emotionless and Namjoon stopped writing and frowned deeply, "How?" He asked slowly, looking at the minister with questioning eyes, who stood with his head down.

Seungmin, the beta minister just exhaled slowly looking down to hide the anger and guilt in his eyes. "He got attacked by animals. He was traveling to next kingdom to meet his relatives but on the way some wild animals killed him" Seungmin lied and Namjoon stared at the minister, who refused to look at the King, "Since when did wild animals come in the kingdom?" The king asked.

Namjoon stared at the minister with a raised eyebrow and Seungmin just pursed his lips, holding his urge back to spit out the truth, "I'm not sure my lord but this is what the healers have said" he lied again, clenching his fists to hold back himself from spitting the truth. Sungho, Jimin's father who was standing opposite to Seungmin, knew what really had happened to the dead omega.

The omega was mercilessly raped by some alphas and slashed his body by the claws of the monsters before dumping the dead body of the innocent, near the mountains. Sungho grit his teeth in fury, the cases of omegas dying in the kingdom was rising day by day and Sungho was sick worried about Jimin. There was no place that could ensure his son's safety, making Sungho helpless.

Keeping Jimin close to him sounded more appealing and safer to Sungho than sending him away to protect him. Namjoon was confused, the rate of omega's dying in his kingdom was getting concerning at this point. It was more frequently happening and Namjoon was sure there was something fishy going on which he couldn't point out.

Hang Do, who was observing Namjoon knew what Namjoon was thinking of and quickly added, "I'll ask my men to look into it" he said, making Seungmin and Sungho mentally sigh in defeat. They knew that he was again going to create some fake story and divert the truth in other direction. Namjoon surprisingly stopped his father, "No father. I don't think it's worth it" he said.

Hearing Namjoon, everyone including Hang Do in the room were surprised. Namjoon leaned forward, "Instead, let's catch that wild animal. Once those animals are gone, our omegas will be safe" he said firmly and Hang Do mentally smirked, glad at how dumb Namjoon was. Sungho glanced at Seungmin, who had blank face but his eyes held worry.

The Story Of 'Us'जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें