2: I believe you

- Peter and Edmund -

Time: After LWW

Word count: 2,290

◇◇◇

Edmund pulled his coat tightly around him as he wandered through the park, glancing up at the light snow that was falling from the sky.

It had only recently started, and it wasn't a lot at all, definitely not enough to settle or even show on the leaf covered ground, which Edmund couldn't help but feel relieved about.

Although he wasn't too relieved when the snow started falling heavily, and he was even less relieved when he spotted - of all people - James and his friends up ahead on the path, laughing and joking between themselves as they walked towards him.

Muttering something under his breath Edmund darted behind a tree, praying they didn't spot him.

It wasn't that he was scared of James, after all he'd faced much worse than him in his days in Narnia, but he did not want to end up getting beaten up, which would surely happen if James were to find him alone in an empty park.

He stood there, leaning against the tree until he reckoned it was safe to leave and go home, when he stepped out back onto the path, only to come face to face with James, who had a rather large smirk on his face.

"I thought it was you." He chuckled, "What you hiding for?"

Edmund stood there for a moment, before raising an eyebrow and shrugging. "Didn't feel like getting beaten up." He said simply.

James laughed again, turning to his two friends for a second before turning back to Edmund. "You were a right little twit at school this term," He spat. "I still don't know what changed you."

Edmund shrugged again. "That would be non of your business." He told him firmly. "But perhaps taking a page out of my book would do you a world of good."

He went to turn and leave, only to be stopped when James grabbed his arm.

"Let me go James," Edmund said, turning to glare at him. "I'm not in the mood."

James smirked. "Does it look like I give a damn?" He asked.

Edmund rolled his eyes, noticing James' grip getting tighter. "Don't you remember what happened at school the other week? When you beat me up?" He said.

James glared at him. "Your brother's not here to save you this time." He spat. "And from the last week at school, I'd say he's never there anyway."

Edmund hesitated. "He - He's got a lot on his mind at the moment," He muttered.

James chuckled, and stared at Edmund for a long time, before he punched him directly in the stomach.

Edmund doubled over, gasping sharply before coughing, groaning in pain as he waited for the pain to fade.

He was shoved to the floor a moment later, but quickly swiped his legs at James', ending up with him on the floor beside him, on his back and gasping.

Edmund sat up quickly, but the second he'd stood up he was punched again, this time by one of James' friends and this time in the face, leaving his nose pouring blood and him seeing stars.