4: I'm proud of you

- Peter, Edmund + Lucy -

Word count: 1,405

Set: Two years into the Golden Age

◇◇◇

"Lu?"

Lucy stopped walking when Peter caught up to her in the corridor, glancing up at him with a questioning look. "Yeah?" She asked.

Peter took a deep breath. "You haven't seen Ed have you?" He said hesitantly.

Lucy stared at him for a moment, thinking. "I haven't no." She murmured. "He's not with you?"

Peter sighed. "No." He grumbled. "He slipped off after he'd gotten ready, didn't even tell me."

Lucy gave her older brother a sympathetic look. "I'm sure he's fine." She said. "Perhaps he just needed some time alone to, ya know, prepare himself?"

Peter bit his lip, going to run a hand through his hair but stopping when he realised he was wearing his crown. "I wish he'd never decided to do this." He mumbled.

Lucy nodded slowly. "It's his job though, his role as King," She said slowly. "The judge."

Peter shook his head. "This isn't just any case though," He choked out. "These people kidnapped him, they tortured him for weeks Lu!"

Lucy took a step forward and placed a hand on Peter's arm. "I know," She whispered. "But he feels like he needs to do this, especially as it's so personal."

Peter bit his lip, staring at her for ages before he took a deep, shaky breath and nodded slowly. "I know," He whispered, before swallowing hard. "Let me know if you find him okay? I'll be in the meeting room."

Lucy nodded and gave him a gentle smile. "It'll be okay, yeah?" She breathed.

Peter took a sharp intake of breath, but nodded. "Yeah." He agreed, before he turned and hurried off down the corridor.

Lucy sighed, watching him go before carrying on down the corridor.

She'd only been walking for a short time when she stopped dead, frowning when she heard the sound of laboured, forced breathing.

She stood there, listening for a while, before her eyes went slightly wider and she dashed under the large staircase to her left, and to her worry spotted Edmund, curled up in the corner against the wall, struggling to breathe.

She hurried over, falling to her knees in front of him, reaching forward to grip his knees, which were pulled up infront of him, held tight against his chest. "Ed?" She choked out. "Ed breathe."

Lucy was beyond confused, but pushed that feeling aside and instead tried everything she could to get Edmund to just breathe normally, but with every passing second it got more and more forced, and she was terrified to see her brothers face getting redder and redder.

"Ed just take a deep breath, please." Lucy choked out, her own hands shaking as she moved them to grip Edmunds shoulders.

But he acted like he didn't even know she was there, and this probably scared Lucy more than anything.