Chapter 3 <<Sparkles*>>

As I walk back to my office, I try to forget that conversation I just had with Smith. That was not something I needed, or wanted, to see. Well, gay ships are pretty adorable...
I pass the Hat Films office and peek in. I see Ross and Parv kissing, so nothing unusual - WAIT WHAT.
"What the actual fuck, guys?!" I exclaim, mortified. Don't they have girlfriends?!

The two break apart, looking sheepish. "Hello Sparkles*?" Parv says in more of a question than a greeting, sounding alarmed.

I look from him, to Ross, then back at him. Finally, I shake my head and sigh. "Why am I not surprised?" And I walk back

Shaking my head, I push open the door. Catti is still there, spinning around on my chair with earphones in, leading to a pocket in which I assume her phone resides in. I shut the door quietly, leaning against the wall. I watch her for a moment, not wanting to interrupt her. It's been far too long since I've seen her, and it's nice to know that she's still as much of a kid as before.

I clear my throat loudly. "You having fun there?"

Quickly, she freezes and stops spinning, yanking her earphones out. A light blush creeps onto her face. "Uh... Yeah."

I laugh. "You're adorable."

"So I've heard," she beams cockily, flashing me a grin.

"Someone's sassy." I alliterate, teasing her. She bites her lip momentarily, then gathers her earphones from where they were dropped, winding them back up.

"What we're you listening to," I inquire. "Area 11?"

"You wish," she scoffs, looking back up at me. "Those guys are just a bunch of pricks with instruments."

"Thank you." I laugh - so does she. Catti has always loved Area 11, I know that much, and I hope she still does.

"No, I was actually listening to Sleeping With Sirens."

I gasp with mock-hurt. "And to think you actually loved me."

She shakes her head, red hair spilling out across her face and bouncing with the movement. She tucks a loose strand back behind her ear when she's done. "No, I'm only into you for your gingerness."

"I'll take it." I shrug, beaming with happiness. She's back. She's really back.

"So did you get the Jaffas?" She asks, changing the subject. I suddenly remember that's why I left the room in the first place.

"Riiiiight," I nod sheepishly. "Totally didn't forget that..."

"You idjit!" Catti laughs, the corners of her eyes crinkling. "What got you distracted?"

I remember the conversation I had with Smith and Matt, recalling what had happened, and seeing Parv and Ross make out. "Um... Don't ask." I look around awkwardly. "I'll be right back!" My handle finds the door, opening it.

"Wait!" Catti's voice stops me. I glance back at her, a nervous expression plastered to her face. "I-is my brother still working here?"

I feel all happiness drain from my own expression. Catti and her brother have a... Complicated relationship. "Cat, you shouldn't be worrying about him," I sigh, seeing the uneasiness in her bright green eyes. Is it just me or are they more dull than usual?

"Sparks?" She persists weakly. "Please, I just want to talk to him."

"Yeah, he is," I give in. "But I haven't seen him here today." She nods slowly, looking at her feet. "Catti," I snap her out of her sulking. "Forget about him! Alright? If he doesn't want you in his life then maybe you're better off without him. You have me, and is that not enough?"