Chapter 2 <<Diana>>

"Okay, okay, okay. Let me refresh here. Hi, Diana Mockus. I'm a 22-year-old Lithuanian artist. My mum's Latvian and my dad's from Finland, but they moved to Kaunas a year before I was born. English is my second language, so sorry if I fuck up."

"It's fine." The dark haired man sitting across from me grins and folds his hands on the table. "So, why do you think we should hire you?"

I smile from where I'm sitting. "Well, I am gana daug an awesome person," I reply, then catch myself. "Pretty much."

Lewis nods and glances down at the sheet of paper in his hands. "Looks like it," he confirms. "Your transcripts say you graduated top of your class at university, and in high school. Although it says for a while you had some trouble turning work in on time? I'm sure that hasn't been a problem in years, so no matter."

I shrug. "There was a bitch I went to school with who pretty much ruined my life," I explain, leaning on the table. "Although I think I actually also ruined hers."

He puts my transcripts on the table and slides them across to me. I pick them up and place them back in my bag. "We'll let you kn-"

I blink quickly and shake my head, trying to clear the spots from my vision. I'm at home, by myself. Thank fuck I'm by myself. I clamber to the kitchen, which I was initially trying to get to, and check the clock. 7 pm. I was out for four hours!?

Groaning, I sit down and pull out my phone, checking my texts and recent calls. Talking to Alex about being bored and... texting some person I don't even know. Not my worst offence, much better than usual.

I sigh and run a hand through my dark brown hair. "Šūdas me," I grumble, leaning back into the couch.

"Any time."

I nearly jump out of my skin, placing my hand over my heart and turning around to see Parv standing in the doorway, drinking the last of my gira. Jėzus, I think I've gotten him addicted to the stuff. "Bring me some kisielius?"

He rolls his eyes and sits next to me on the couch, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I lean into his chest and whisper, "Kisielius."

Parv pretends to be overly upset before getting up and going into my kitchen to get me my fruity cranberry drink. Sighing I lean farther back into the couch until Alex comes back into the living room. "No, but seriously," he says, grinning mischievously and handing me my drink. "Any time."

"You perv," I scoff, pushing him away. "Is this why they call you Parv? Because you're a pervis?"

"Obviously."

I roll my eyes and lean into his shoulder. "It happened again."

"I know."

"I'm so fucked," I mumble, staring down at my hands. "It's going to fucking happen on the lėktuvas, I know it. And then my mum'll worry way too much. Like, more than you do, because she's my mum. To be honest, I don't really want to go back for another month of two."

"Then don't!" Alex wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me into his chest. "Stay with meeeeeeeeeeee, and we can shave Sparkles*' beard when he's sleeping! And then hope Catti doesn't kill us!"

Catti? Oh, I remember her. She dropped off the face of the goddamn earth. I can only assume she's back. "She'll murder us both, if the ginger doesn't do it first," I joke. "He loves his beard."

"He should marry it."

I snort into my drink, which ends up coming out my nose. "Ow... That hurt. That hurts a lot. I can feel that in my ears."

"Then stop snorting." He flicks my nose.

"I can't help it!" I protest in exasperation. "I laugh through my nose. Because I'm super pro like that. And now I'ma go to bed because I'm tiwed."

At that I stand up and drag myself to my room, suddenly able to feel the lead-like heaviness of my limbs. It wasn't even a long fucking day and I'm still super tired. Mreah.

~Fault YES THIS IS LATE I KNOW I WAS BUSY BEING A CAT.