"Daddy needs his rest. He'll give you hugs and kisses tomorrow." I reassure.

That's not the answer Arella wanted, though. Her bottom lip pokes out dramatically, fat tears building in her deep blue eyes. A small wail shakes her frame as she tips her head back and cries towards the ceiling.

Well, if Damon wasn't awake he sure is now. He grumbles, patting the bed beside him like he's looking for something.

"Where's the baby?" His deep, sleep roughened voice does things to my body. Too bad I have a crying toddler attached to me twenty-four-seven.

"Here." Passing Arella over, I watch as she curls herself into a little ball on top of Damon's chest.

He pulls the blanket up over her back, rubbing her head as he does. Her tears have stopped now that she's gotten what she wanted.

All cuddled up with her daddy while he rubs her head. Spoiled thing she is. To make matters worse, she turns her head to where she sees I'm looking and gives me a cheeky little smile.

"Yeah, you got my man, huh?" I joke as I crawl back under the comforter.

Much to my surprise, Arella sticks her tongue out at me. This little poop head. She's really rubbing it in now.

Not too long ago it was me cuddled up against his chest like that. Not saying I'm jealous of my daughter, but come on now. It's been a while since Damon and I have gotten a chance to cuddle.

Arella's always between us in bed. Half of the time I wake up and she's pushed Damon and I to the very edge of the bed. 

Now that her message is across, Arella turn her head away, snuggling herself closer to Damon. Not too long later and her breaths are even, letting me know that she's fallen asleep.

Scooting closer to my husband, I snuggle into his side and close my eyes. Right before my dreams take over, I feel his free hand wrap around my back. He plays with the ends of my hair while I sigh blissfully.

Much better.

***
Damon

"Everything smells amazing, beautiful." I comment as I step into the kitchen.

Freya looks up from where she's stirring eggs on the stove, shooting me a grateful smile. A steaming cup of coffee sits on the counter beside her, she points to it saying, "That's for you. Black. Just how you like it."

Stepping up behind her, I wrap my arms around her waist and drop a kiss to the side of her neck. The scent of citrus and strawberries greets me, a scent that's only Freya's.

She giggles, trying to pull away while simultaneously stirring the eggs.

"Your stubble tickles." She complains without any real heat. She likes my stubble. Especially when it's on her inner thighs.

Dropping one last kiss, I grab my cup of coffee and head to the table where the boys and Arella are. The baby's sitting on Andrea's lap, banging one of her toys against the table.

Rounding the table, I drop a kiss on her head before dropping down into my seat.

"Where are your clothes, baby girl?" I question Arella when I see her sitting there in only a diaper.