She nodded her head.
"well I'm not sure, he hasn't come to me for anything. But today I noticed the body language and exchange of words between you two. It wasn't normal and I wanted to make sure everything was fine"

I smiled and felt a little embarassed. Jeremy's mom caught on to all the slugs and comments Jeremy has been saying.

"Everything is great. How's retirement?"

She took a sip from her Lemonade.

"It's going nice, I have my days where I wanna go back to work because I miss it. But how about you? How's the job going?"

"Which one?" I asked.

She coughed a little. "How many jobs do you have Olivia"

"Three."

"Since when?"

"well, I got a call from my 3rd job last week. They liked my interview and I will be working as a paid intern at the NYC Law Firm."

Her eyes widened and she motioned for me to continue.

"My second job came about 4 months ago, I work at a soup kitchen that feeds the homeless, we also go out on mission trips and we hold donation parties at a local church."

She smiled very hard at me.

"And my very first job I've have for about 5 years now. I started working at the NY Diner when I was 16. It doesn't pay much salary but the tips I get are quick cash in my pocket, and that's where I met my bestfriend"

Mrs. Shannon looked at me in awe.

"Olivia...I never knew how much of a hard worker you are. No wonder when I ask about you Jeremy says you're always busy! Three jobs is amazing!"

"Thank you Mrs. Shannon. But Jeremy doesn't know about the 3rd job yet. I haven't found the right time to tell him."

"You haven't?"

I turned my head and Jeremy was standing there, listening to our conversation.

"You got another job Olivia?"
His nose twitched and I knew he was upset.
I looked at his mother, then back at him.

"Ye-yes I did."

His face grew more angry.

"Where?"

"A l-law firm" I couldn't even get my words out right.

"Mom, we have to go, I'll talk to you later"

He grabbed my arm and pulled my towards the door.

"Jeremy stop!" I yelled yanking away from him.

"Get in the car NOW"

For the first time in our 2 year relationship, I was afraid of Jeremy. He was so angry and I was scared that he may hurt me.

"Goodbye Mrs. Shannon." I said before leaving and getting into the car.

****************

It's been 30 minutes of silence in the car, and Jeremy finally decided to break it.

"Olivia, you're always keeping things from me."

"Jeremy I found out last week! I was going to tell you soon."

"when is soon Olivia?" He yelled making me jump a little.

"Well maybe if you would've answered my calls and messages, you would know sooner!" I said yelling back.
"I don't see what the problem is, you know my situation. I'm a hard worker, you don't need to provide for me"

"But 3 jobs Olivia? You already knew that I didn't agree with you getting the second one. Then you go behind my back and apply for another job? I didn't even give you permission."

"Permission? Who the fuck are you?"

He was caught off guard because I'm not the type of person to curse a lot, especially at other people. But I was furious.

"You don't control me Jeremy. If I wanna work FIVE jobs I will. I run my life, not you."

He rolled his eyes. "As long as you are with me you will do what I say. You aren't working at that law firm Olivia. I know what's best for you."

I scoffed. "I don't see what the problem is, it's more money in the bank for us."

I turned my head and noticed his whole demeanor changed, as if a light bulb clicked in his head.

"You're right. I over reacted." He leaned across the arm rest and placed a kiss on my cheek.

I had the most confused look on my face.

"Wait....what?"

*****************

Weird way to end that? Lol
Hope you're learning a little more about Olivia. I have a lot in store for this book and I'm so excited. Jeremy's fine self in the mm🔥

Comment and vote

-Britt🐸☕️