𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

Start from the beginning

The man waved a small piece of paper in his hand. "This— ha ha ha— it's from... the..."

"The what?" Takashi demanded.

"Give him a moment." Ayame suggested. The man silently thanked her for that and took in deep breaths, trying to over come his lungs thirst for air.

About a minute later, he was able to finally catch his breath. "This letter... it's from the Demon Slayer Corps."

That's when Takashi and Ayame grew wide eyes; stating in complete disbelief. Your own eyes grew wide at this, but not as much as them.

"You're kidding."

"No I'm not! I swear! I was surprised too when I found it! The crow was going completely berserk! It probably still is!"

"Hand me the letter." Takashi ordered. The man immediately handed him the letter. Takashi unrolled the letter and began to read through. As he did, his eyes only widened more and more with every passing second.

"I haven't seen that look on your face for a while, Takashi." Ayame stated to herself as she could hardly believe that there was a letter from the Demon Slayer Corps.

Your heart began to race with anticipation. What could they have sent? Did they know you were here? Did something happen? Or was this a usual thing? No, it couldn't be, they were completely shocked to even receive a letter from them.

"Ayame..." he said in a mutter.

"What?" She freaked out.

"When the crows begin to fly, the world will cry." He quoted from the letter.

You looked into her soul and could almost see the horror that struck her like a lightning bolt. Those words, they sounded so dark. What could be happening.

"That's what the end of the letter said here. Look," he showed her the paper and pointed down at the bottom of the page. She clasped a hand over her mouth.

"That's it... it's started..."

"What? What's started? What are you talking about?" You asked in a full panic; setting your tea down and readying yourself for what would happen next.

"The Demon Slayer Corps wrote a letter, there's been an attack."

"Attack? Where?!"

"The Swordsmith's Village. It's where our swords are crafted. They've been attacked by a demon, or demons."

"Wait, how long ago was this?"

Takashi turned to face the man, waiting for an answer. The man then said, "The bird came flying in, I don't know how but it was aqua king like crazy. When I looked at the letter, I asked how long ago, the crow said that it left thirty minutes after the fighting began."

"And it takes almost an hour to get here when they are flying at their fastest."

"They've been fighting for almost two hours. Takashi," Ayame stated in horror. "The Hashira's and Demon Slayer members, whoever is there, they've been fighting for almost two hours! And they are at this very moment in time!"

One person ran through your head. Tanjiro... if he's alive, he could've been sent there to deal with them. Shit!

"What are they're ranks?"

"Uppermoons."

"UPPERMOONS?! LIKE PLURAL?!"

"Yes sir!"

"Shit... that's why they sent the saying."

"What exactly does it mean?" You asked. Takashi looked at you. You could see just how terrified he was.